PC with no display

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I'm new to the forum but hope you can help.
My pc is powering up, the fans are fanning, the graphics card fan is also working, but there's no display.
Ive tried the monitor on another machine and its ok, and Ive tried a different graphics cards, (PCI-e) and still no joy.
Have checked all cables and power supply.
Ive also checked the manuals, and think I have all connections to the mobo in correctly.
The g.card is a Radeon x1900,
mobo ASUS p965
Ive tried swapping the RAM
still no luck
Am I missing something? Or is the mobo dead?
thanks in advance.
F.

No display at all, when the cable is plugged in it just says no signal, then this disappears and theres nothing on screen.
No beeps either.
I ve cleared the CMOS too.
The monitor is a 15pin serial and this is plugged into a dvi adapter cause the graphics card is dual dvi. (As mentioned before I know the monitor is ok)
What d' you think'

Thanks, not sure yet, Ive tried swopping for another pci-e card, and this doesnt work either.
Im going to try a pci card, and then try my card in another system - will up-date, so thanks for your help.

P965 is the chipset. Can you specify the model of your ASUS board? It most definitely has a PCI-E slot. Also, have you tried changing your primary video adapter in BIOS to PCI-E? If not, do so. If it's still a negative, try your video card on another machine and see if it works. If it does, it would mean that your monitor and card are OK. That could indicate the PCI-E slot itself being the cause.

Also, what PSU are you using?

The Asus board is a P5B, the card im using is a PCI-e, so
1 - will try mine in another system and
2 - will also try a pci graphics card in my system to check out if its the mobo

am using an Antec 430w psu

Can't get into the BIOS to change the primary adapter as the screen is totally dead, no BIOS, no messages and no beeps.

pc with no display - solved

I wanted to finalise my threads with how I solved this problem.
I tried several different things with no success, so bought a new mobo and processor.
I fitted the new mobo with all the old components and it works, so the problem was that the old mobo was dead.
Graphics card, cpu and RAM are all ok.
So thanks anyone that responded with any clues.

I had identical issues today with my friend's PC. Nothing seemed to work and I'd almost decided that it was the mobo failing. I connected the PSU to an old board of mine and all seemed OK. Then I replugged everything back into his PC and started it up. Out of nowhere it POSTED and booted fine into Windows. Strange!

Try re-seating everything from scratch in your system. It might work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back