PC won't recognize my camera

I tried 2 connect my Alba SL1230 digi camera 2 my pc & nothing. I went thru wizard but there's no driver. I haven't got the original disk 4 it neither. Is there any other way or site I can get the driver downloaded. Can't upload my pics.
There's got 2 b sum1 out there that can help me pls. Please remember I'm Blonde & over 40 so in plain English. Thanx folk.:confused:

Nita

Hi, If your camera is a straightforward digital stills camera, there may not be a driver for it, as such, because it the better way to deal with the photo's from it, is to take the card out and plug it into a card reader.
If your PC is 5 or 6 years old or less, then it might have a card reader built in.
If you use SD cards of 1 or 2 GB then you should have no trouble in transferring photo's from card to PC.
If you use 4GB (or more) SDHC cards then you may have to invest in a new card reader ( £5 /$8 or so.)
Then it will plug into your PC with a USB cable, and will appear as a 'removable drive' in 'My Computer' screen in XP.
So, to your PC, your camera card just looks like extra memory, with some files in it, which are your photo's.
Then you can open the card by clicking on it, you will see a folder called DCIM.
Open that and you will see more folders. Open them and you will find your photo's.
Then you can highlight the one's you want to copy to PC and right-click, choose 'copy'.
Then in your (for instance) 'Pictures' folder in XP, right-click and choose 'Paste', and they will be copied to the Pictures folder but still on the SD camera card too. Hope this is what you meant.
I do a fair bit of photo work, and my choice editor is at www.Faststone.org
It's called Image Viewer 4.6 and is free to download and use.

That was a perfect explanation, thanx. I understood it all & better than that it's worked. I've got my pics all up on my PC. I'm actually getting to like this computer thing now. I've been trying for so long to upload my photos, I was getting rather frustrated with the whole thing. Once again thank-you. I owe you one.

Hi, No problem, digital cameras and computers work well together, at least most of the time !

Back