CMOS battery in my PC acting weird

Hey yall. This problem arised a few days ago (I think 3 days ago).

THE INITIAL PROBLEM:
I woke up and decided to use my PC. I got bugged out when it wouldnt turn on.

MY ATTEMPT AT FIXING THE ISSUE:
A youtube video later, I realised that my CMOS battery could've just ran out of juice. So I decided to put in a new battery and it worked! My PC turned on and I could use it for around 2 days.

THE LATTER PROBLEM:
After 2 days or so, guess what? It wouldnt turn on again. I knew it was the CMOS battery, but I couldn't understand why it didnt turn on. Its a new battery... Out of curiosity, I waited 5 minutes, and instead of putting in another new battery, I put the same one into my PC (The one I used to fix my initial problem). It worked, oddly.

MY CONFUSION (AND WHY IM EVEN MAKING THIS POST):
I heard from other forum threads/posts that the CMOS battery running out so fast could be a mobo problem. Which is what im thinking of right now. But the fact that I could reuse the battery by just plopping it out and putting it back in after 5 minutes really confused me. Does anyone have a logical answer to this? Maybe it could fix the whole issue at hand, because Im not sure when the same thing is going to happen again.

Hey yall. This problem arised a few days ago (I think 3 days ago).

THE INITIAL PROBLEM:
I woke up and decided to use my PC. I got bugged out when it wouldnt turn on.

MY ATTEMPT AT FIXING THE ISSUE:
A youtube video later, I realised that my CMOS battery could've just ran out of juice. So I decided to put in a new battery and it worked! My PC turned on and I could use it for around 2 days.

THE LATTER PROBLEM:
After 2 days or so, guess what? It wouldnt turn on again. I knew it was the CMOS battery, but I couldn't understand why it didnt turn on. Its a new battery... Out of curiosity, I waited 5 minutes, and instead of putting in another new battery, I put the same one into my PC (The one I used to fix my initial problem). It worked, oddly.

MY CONFUSION (AND WHY IM EVEN MAKING THIS POST):
I heard from other forum threads/posts that the CMOS battery running out so fast could be a mobo problem. Which is what im thinking of right now. But the fact that I could reuse the battery by just plopping it out and putting it back in after 5 minutes really confused me. Does anyone have a logical answer to this? Maybe it could fix the whole issue at hand, because Im not sure when the same thing is going to happen again.
The voltage measurement with a VOM. 3 volts DC.
An old battery has had the slow acid effect that makes a battery work. After a time the battery goes dead. A new fresh battery with the expiration date showing that it is not expired.
Why would the old battery wear out? They are not rechargeable. You would just show a date that is the original starting date when the CMOS was made if it is a battery issue.

Back