PDF Files

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everybody. Some important pdf files that i've been using for several years suddenly will not run. They are on my harddrive and on a CD and I get the same massage when I try to run them:

"Adobe Reader Could not open file because it is either not a supported file type or because the file hasbeen damaged (for example, it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded)."

Many of the files are irreplacable. Can anyone help me with this problem? Can these files
be recovered?

Desperately yours,
Rimmy

What version of Adobe Reader are you using? Also try starting Adobe Reader first and then using the file, open option from within Adobe Reader.

Adobe

Have you tried opening them on a separate computer? It might just be your Reader that is now corrupted. You also might try just uninstalling Reader and reinstalling it.

K

adobe is backwards compatible. If you are trying to open a newer version with an older adobe, it may or may not work. If not, the file is indeed corrupt. I suggest downloading the newest version of the reader.

I ran the pdf files repair program and I was given this info.

Output file creation error

Errors:

Open file.
0x80410104 - E - The file header was not found.
Recover XREF table.
0x8041010E - E - The trailer dictionary is missing or invalid.
Analyze Objects.
Analyze Outlines.
Analyze Pages.
0x80410401 - E - The page doesn't exist (null).
0x80410113 - E - The file is corrupt and cannot be repaired. Some of the contents can possibly be recovered.
Recover Pages.
Save output file.
Couldn't save file C:\TEMP\tmp8986.tmp.
Close file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back