Phenom 1090T best cooling?

Sev

So im using the retail fan/heatsink, yeah it works, but any wise upgrade ideas?

i try overclocking with this but it fails, often.

depends on how much you're looking to overclock, because there are some really good air coolers out there. you could also just try using a better thermal compound like TX-3 or the OCZ stuff. have you been monitoring temps or do you just think that the heat is what's causing the computer to crash? again, it sort of depends on the hardware and how much you're looking to push it.

what frequency,voltage,multi, 'FSB' etc is it failing at?
Try raising the multi only, if your not already, to isolate the weak link. Unless you lost the binning lottery (which happens occasionally) the Phenom II x 6's should get to 4Ghz at or under 1.45v
and what PSU model/specs are you using?

The retail heatsink absolutely sucks. I have that CPU and the stock sink is VERY load. I purchased an aftermarket dual fan cooler and it is quite quiet. The cpu is a heat generator and my computer room is one room I do not have to heat in the winter! lol

The retail heatsink absolutely sucks. I have that CPU and the stock sink is VERY load. I purchased an aftermarket dual fan cooler and it is quite quiet. The cpu is a heat generator and my computer room is one room I do not have to heat in the winter! lol

Tedster, did you get the two copper heat-pipe version of the retail HSF with your x6?

Once your ambients start to rise though, look out. Through summer here we get ambients in the high 30C's - low 40C's and that's the reason I went with water.
Probably in the range of 25C and below, the stock hs is fine though.
The 1090T's definitely run cooler than the Phenom II X 4's though.

you could try a H50 watercooling kit. effective and simple to setup. I get 35C max with my 4ghz x6 1055t and 19C idle. Although to be fair im not sure my temp sensors are correct there but oh well.

Thuban temp sensors are incorrect. You should add between 10 & 15C to those temps.
Grab HWMonitor and see what the cpu socket temp is and go by that.

Thuban temp sensors are incorrect. You should add between 10 & 15C to those temps.
Grab HWMonitor and see what the cpu socket temp is and go by that.

^ second that, I don't know if they have it fixed yet, but those temps look like the "off" Thuban sensors.

I got my phenom 2 970 BE OCD @ 4.4ghz @40c idle 53c load.

mobo =ROG Crosshair 4 890fx, = HAF 932BE Coolermaster = case. and currently using a thermaltake watercooling kit with a single rad!

I'm using a AC7v2 on my 1055t and that's sitting quite happily at 3.8ghz, completely stable. Idle temps are around 30-35 and it's pretty quiet too. The Coolermaster 212+ is also a fantastic cooler.

Back