Philips SPD2410L1 not detected in windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
my disk drive has vanished from my computer. i looked in device manager and there is an exclamation next to it. i have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers and still cant get it to work. can anyone help me?

Spyware Symptom

Sounds like spyware. A common symptom is your disk drive stops working. I'd run the following anti-spyware utilities (see Download section):

1. Malwarebytes AntiMaware
  2. SuperAntispyware
  3. Spybot Search & Destroy

Repost if you still have problems.

-- Andy

still the same

thanks!

i removed around 50 threats but the exclamation is still there in device manager. drive :D is completely gone. any more suggestions?

thanks

spence

Good, now the spyware is gone whcih caused the corruption. Now we need to fix that corruption.

Go to Device Manager, uninstall the DVD drive the re-install it. This will force it to re-load the device driver from the Windows driver archive.

Repost with results.

-- Andy

Rats! Either the corruption is more than the device driver or we didn't get all the spyware.

Let's try uninstalling and re-installing the device driver again but in Safe Mode.

Repost with results.

-- Andy

If that doesn't work, try re-running the anti-spyware in Safe Mode. They will likely find a few more pieces as Safe Mode is designed to help expose virus & spyware hiding behind security features in Normal Mode.

-- Andy

OK, you have no choice but to performa Windows Repair to fix this.

Repost if you need help starting a Windows Repair.

-- Andy

You need the Windows installation CD for the type of Windows you have, i.e. XP Home Edition SP3 (or whatever you have.) If you have the right one, also write down your Windows Product Key because it will promtp you for it at one point. It's one a sticker on your PC chassis unless you bought your Windows retail and the sticker is included in the package.

Boot to the CD and once it's finished loading, it offers you some choices. ONe is "Repair using Recovery Console." This is NOT the repair we want, so instead select "Install Windows Now" After some screens and prompting, you get set of installation options. Pick the "Repair" option. Then follow the instructions. It will reboot at one point, do not let it boot to CD again, instead skip that and the repair process will start. You will be prompted for the product key at some point.

The repair should fix your boot problem but as for the disk drive, we'll just have to see.

-- Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back