Placed new 9400GT graphic card and monitor turns off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The computer stays on, but the monitor turns off right after I put it on. I've removed the onboard graphic card and disabled it and uninstalled it in device manager. But this keeps installing automatically everytime I restart:

Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Controller 0 (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM)
I also see it in device manager again.

At the moment I do not have a graphic card in the computer. Do I have to install drivers for my new card before I install it physically?

I went in BIOS and changed primary video adapter to pci-e. I also went in display settings and uninstalled the drivers of my old card there.
I do not know what else to do. I do not understand why the monitor turns off.

Does anyone know what the problem is?

No. You do not need to install drivers before you put in the new graphics card.

When you plug your monitor into the default output are you getting any display?

If you are, then there may be a problem with the output socket of your card. If the card has two sockets try switching.

NOTE:

When installing a new graphics card, all old drivers must be first removed. Then the computer is turned off and the new card is slotted into place. Start up the computer with the monitor plugged to the new card. Then install the new drivers from the installation CD provided by the vendor or from a downloaded .exe from the manufacturer's website.

** Forgot to mention, try booting into safe mode once and see if the display is working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back