Playing Xbox 360 through PC speakers (Vista)

Status
Not open for further replies.

British_Command

I'm on vista and am trying to play my 360 through my PC speakers, I have the RCA to headphone jack converter. Although following a tutorial on how to do this, it didn't work, finding out that I had to plug the RCA to headphone jack into the line in socket (blue). Still no sound from the speakers when 360 is on but when looking on the control panel it shows sound being produced via the volume indication bars. I'm not sure if this is because of the crappy stock sound card I've got (Sigmatel or something?)?

I've also ordered a pair of X-140 speakers which have headphone/aux support so will it work with those without buying a new soundcard???

Thanks for your help guys,
BC.

British_Command said:
I'm on vista and am trying to play my 360 through my PC speakers, I have the RCA to headphone jack converter. Although following a tutorial on how to do this, it didn't work, finding out that I had to plug the RCA to headphone jack into the line in socket (blue). Still no sound from the speakers when 360 is on but when looking on the control panel it shows sound being produced via the volume indication bars. I'm not sure if this is because of the crappy stock sound card I've got (Sigmatel or something?)?
If you have the "jack re-tasking" option then you can set that blue
audio port to work as line in.normally,the blue or green audio
ports are for line outs.check your motherboard's manual on
how to assign your audio ports.

British_Command said:
I've also ordered a pair of X-140 speakers which have headphone/aux support so will it work with those without buying a new soundcard???

Any speakers with Aux in/line in with built-in amplifier will do.(A
not so complicated set-up.)

Thanks alot

Re-assigning jacks is exactly what I had to do :D

Thanks alot!
Techspot members have proven so helpful for a few years now !

Ok..

Ok so I look at the Line In device in the sound properties and it shows the pink jack, even though it's connected into the blue jack? I googled on how to reassign jacks but nothing unless I'm not wording it correctly. Although I have got a grey and black jack slots? What are they for???

Also I can see volume bar being produced, don't really know why it isn't emitting from the speakers, trying headphones as well but no change? It does say the line in is connected through a rear mic jack slot which it isn't its the line in slot? when plugged into the mic slot it isn't picked up.

In majority of motherboards,the MIC (pink) output can be changed to
line in.

try setting your sound format to 2.1 / 4.1 / 5.1 / 7.1.& check each
format if you can see the "line in" function.the window will tell you
what color or which of your ports will function as the line in.

usually,you have to turn that radio button/check box on (for line switch) .
you can refer to your motherboard's manual to check how
you can run around the settings.

those other colored ports that you mentioned are for other sound
format,if you set it to 2.1,other outputs will be disabled,if you have
an 8 ch (7.1) format & you're switched to that,then all your audio
ports are enabled to fire up the 7.1 sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back