Please check my hijackthis log is batmeter16 legitimate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hanaleia

Hello, I am fixing a friends computer. classic grind down to an almost halt and take 3 minutes for anything to open. Used mainly to do online banking email, and play online games. Her husband used to use it for his business that they lost. They are running AvastAV which was not updating properly or scanning properly I will be uninstalling Avast in light of the recent Avast update/quarantine issue and installing AVg instead.
I installed Firefox for her
I installed and ran Super Antispyware and Malwhere Bytes and spyware blaster
Super Antispyware found a vundo variant ,svchost fake, antivirusxp2008, media-codec/v3 and /v4, and a trojan unclassified helper
Malwhere bytes had 2 things, I did not get the names.
Both programs removed them to quaratine.
The laptop originally had 85 processes running.
over 5000 temp files and more Temp Int Files
I got processes down to 45 (Using admin services and msconfig)still way too much but am not sure if I can dump all the Ibm ThinkVantage stuff and still have the latop function ok

I ran Hijackthis and got rid of 7 entries but there are a couple of entries I am not sure about, and I think realplayer entry can go too.
Could you please take a look and tell me what else needs to be removed. And any other advice you may have. Thanks ahead of time for your time It is greatly appreciated.

I hope ataching the log was ok the log alone was over the word limit for a new thread
thanks again
Hanaleia

I have gone through the UPDATED 8-step already

I forgot to say this before and I did not know if knowing this will make a difference, but I have gone through the UPDATED 8-step Viruses/Spyware/Malware Preliminary Removal Instructions already. If there is something i can do to not make my log so hard to read please let me know?

Hi Hanaleia,

First of all, I would recommend keeping Avast instead of AVG, but just re-installing it. Second, It would be much appreciated if you could post the Malwarebyte's log and SUPERAntiSpyware log. Please be patient as I review your HijackThis log.

I would delete that if I were you.

• O18 - Filter hijack: text/html - {b4bf5ef1-1887-4168-beae-a083e03446d9} - C:\WINDOWS\batmeter16.dll
doesn't sound too safe and doesn't exist on my computer.

The entry in question is a trojan-dropper and should be removed. However, run the scans AnonymousSurfer was referring to, as usually they catch most of these nasties and a malware helper can remove the rest

Just because something isn't on your computer doesn't necessarily mean it is unsafe, it pays to do some research and find out what exactly it does before deleting things :)

superantispyware and malwherebyte scan logs

attached are the malwherebytes and superantispyware logs. I scanned with malwherebytes again yesterday and 2 things came up but the scanlog was not there justnow when i went to upload it, I thought I had moved a copy to the desktop but that is gone too :p
Thanks again for your help with this.

going to reinstall OS

Just ran more scans and the baddies are all back and they brought friends. Batmeter16 moved and changed its name and would not let me delete it so I finally convinced my friend to just reinstall the OS. This is really the best and quickest way to solve the multitude of problems that exist. Thanks for your time you all are so much appreciatedfor taking your own valuable time to help others with these problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back