Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dell

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Asus

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Toshiba

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters
Theres a sale now - this store is well known and sells only original stuff.

I'm looking for a laptop thats :
  • Good for moderate graphic design (using adobe set and director)
  • Good for PC games especially Sims 3.
  • High RAM + HDD
  • Graphics doesn't have to be "THE best" but must be very good (I need someone to help me explain about graphics that I nothing about).
  • My budget is USD 735 - 935
  • My preferred brands are Toshiba, HP and lastly Acer.

Please tell me why I should choose it too.

Here they are :

SAMSUNG RV520 [ USD 745 ]
Intel i5-2410m / 2.40Ghz / 500GB HDD / 4GB RAM / 15.6" HD LED display /
Dedicated 1GB DDR III VRAM /DVD+/RW / Windows 7 Home premium /
Webcam,Bluetooth,WIFI / 1 year warranty

ACER Aspire 5750G [ USD 775 ]
Intel i5-2410m / 2.30Ghz / 500GB HDD / 4GB RAM / 15.6" Crysta Cine HD /
Dedicated 1 GB DDR III VRAM /DVD+/RW / Windows 7 Home Premium /
Webcam,Bluetooth,WIFI / 1 year warranty / Office 2010 starter

HP Pavillion DV6-6093 [USD 935 ]
Intel i5-2410m / 2.53Ghz / 750GB HDD / 6GB RAM / 15.6"HD LED Brightview /
Dedicated 1GB DDR III VRAM/ Lightscribe SuperMulti DVD D/L / Windows 7 Home Premium /
Webcam,Bluetooth,WIFI / FingerPrint / Beats Audio / 1 year warranty

DELL Inspirion 15R [ USD 855 ]
Intel i5-2410m / 2.30Ghz / 500GB HDD /3GB RAM / 15.6" HD LED Display /
Dedicated 1GB DDR III VRAM / DVD SuperMultiDrive / Windows 7 Home Premium /
Webcam,Bluetooth,WIFI / HDMI / 3 year warranty

ASUS K4V3 [ USD 745]
Intel i5-2410m / 2.30 up to 2.90Ghz / 500GB HDD / 4GB DDR III RAM up to 8GB /
14.0" Colorshine HD LED / Dedicated 1 GB Nvidia Geforce GT / DVD+/-RW /
Windows 7 Home premium / Webcam,Bluetooth,WIFI

TOSHIBA Satellite L655 [ USD 935 ]
Intel i5-480m / 2.66 up to 2.93Ghz / 640GB HDD / 4GB RAM / 15.6" TrueBrite /
Dedicated 1GB DDR III VRAM / DVD+/-RW / WIndows 7 Home Premium /
Webcam,Blutooth,WIFI / 1 year Warranty / Available in - Red,White & Silver

Thats All.

Thanks.

anyone...please? I see over 50 views but no comments..not even a vote thats so easy to do...:confused:

I need to know ASAP before the sale is over...

What I want is your opinion. Not looking for reviews. I want to know which laptop you think is best one out of the six...its mainly the graphics that concern me, I don't know if its good for moderate graphic design & Gaming or not...I'm not very good at these things...

Graphics doesn't have to be "THE best" but must be very good (I need someone to help me explain about graphics that I nothing about).
Sorry, but you won't find that in any of those laptops.
In fact, for graphics, it'd be a lot easier to use a desktop.

Sorry, but you won't find that in any of those laptops.
In fact, for graphics, it'd be a lot easier to use a desktop.

Well, as an artist what I use mostly is Adobe Photoshop, and from time to time I use Illustrator and director(rarely).

I also play PC games from time to time like max payne and sims 3. I use the internet a lot and DL watch/burn movies & music etc.
What I'm looking for at the moment is a Laptop thats good, with good graphics and runs fast (fast enough for the stuff I do) with lots of space.

I'm going to be travelling quite a bit with it (to uni & about). Its for work & play.

Which do think of the 6 would be the best choice? or is there another laptop, or change in specs, you would recommend?

Hp will be good

Think I have to disagree, mister :haha: .

There is nothing specifically wrong with HP, but one should be prepared to experience some troubles for no particular reason (the HP way). Ever since HP acquired Compaq, they've been equally "strange" in behaviour. Of course, maybe it's just me - but I have noticed many strange tendencies with HP's. Even though they're fine when actually working.

Watch out for Acer. Acer will be a very faithful companion, but one day, it'll give up on you without a doubt. It might simply just happen, without a warning. Much like the "MSI likes to die" hype, Acer also tends to go belly up on random occasions.

Toshiba's tend to be even more faithful! But be prepared that if you're going to run anything else but Windows (like Linux), it won't support sh**. Make sure that you're getting what you're paying for. They tend to keep overall prices down by degrading something useful, like "the lack of a webcam" or simply less RAM.

I actually have 'bad-experience-zero' with Asus. Even though I've heard a thing or two about troublesome hardware configurations yadda yadda, I've always experienced the very opposite with Asus. For approx. $900 (your max budget) you can really get your hands on a super deluxe Asus. And from the laptops demonstrated on your list, the Asus was not too bad of a deal actually ;) .

Further:
I'm personally running a similar Toshiba model to that on your list, and I like it a lot. Can't run my favourite OS on it though :( (Ubuntu 10.04).

I am in agreement with both HK on graphics and Lokalaskurar on brands. After what I have personally experienced with HP and Dell I won't consider them again unless someone gives me some serious cash for their high-end systems.

Asus is good. And so is Lenovo. Both make solid, reliable builds though from my experience and research Lenovo is easier to work with from a customer relations/tech end. Still, I love Asus' Bamboo series but their current generation onboard graphics is their weakest part. Hopefully their second generation of Asus Bamboo series will improve on this aspect and markedly so.

Here is my suggestion: Go to Notebookreview.com and at the very top of their forums is the individual forum entitled "What Notebook Should I Buy?" There is a sticky "What Should I Buy FORM" that is a must if you are going to post there. That form is very, very helpful and you'll get excellent advice based on the experiences and knowledge of the posters. Also, there is a dedicated forum for every major brand that is plus a few for the not-so-major brands.

* Check out TechSpot's own laptop reviews as well.

*** Please keep us updated and let us know what you choose.

@Lockalaskurar : People are always saying that HP is very fragile. I just talked to this one guy who told me that he had a support issue with HP pavillion and the motherboard. And to me...HP and Asus both look too good to be true a little bit.

As for Acer, a lot have said that its the safest choice. But I dont know..I still have my eyes on Toshiba BUT lately Iv'e been hearing that the problem with toshiba its its always overheating. I don't know.. Why is this so hard?! LOL. I just wanna be really careful with my money an choose something that is truly durable. And btw, I don't use linux and I don't do any of that programming kind or stuff of use major 3D softwares. Just Adobe Photoshop and illustrator.

They didn't mention any warranty for the asus like the rest and it just seems to good to be true with the specs and that price. It freaks me out. :suspiciou

Thank you!:grinthumb

@ Route66
I will go to the site you suggested. thanks for the Link and your response. I'll announce what I bought once I got it :grinthumb

As for the Asus deal - its just too good to be true. Why so cheap? Something has to be wrong..anyways, I'll have to go to the store in a few days and check it out. but for now I need all the tips and help I could get especially concerning the graphics...

So which would do you think I should go for considering what I will use it for?...

I personally have a Toshiba bought in 2007, still runs like a top and have never had a problem with overheating. I would buy another Toshiba in a heart beat.

By the way, Acer would be my last choice. Three people I know have purchased an Acer and had nothing but trouble.

As for Acer, a lot have said that its the safest choice. But I dont know..

Y'know, just wanted to point out that as part of my entrepreneurship IT-support, I get a lot of laptops. And the current ratio (of about 40 laptops) is 3 Acer to 1 HP. Seriously, almost nothing else :haha: - in other numbers, (4 Toshiba's), 8 HP laptops and 26 Acer laptops. Oh, once had an Asus in the shop, and it was soooo easy to work with. Asus even included a back panel! That was sweet.

Maybe just Acer laptop owners like my business? Either that, or Acers tend to go belly-up from time to time :approve: .

Just had an interesting thought. I think not many voted for Samsung because the brand is not very known among laptop owners. Could be just me, I might off target here.

^ thank you thats good info. But don't you think that maybe its because most people buy Acer?
so your final suggestion is...?

^ thank you thats good info. But don't you think that maybe its because most people buy Acer?

No, most people do not buy Acer. Reread what Lokalaskurar wrote. He has to fix the number of Acer laptops more than any other. Between here and Notebookreview you have received basically the same message: None of the above.

Asus or Toshiba.

From those alternatives on that flyer, I would go with the Toshiba. I personally use Toshiba's, even though I definitely want more support for other OS's.

But if you're going to run Windows, then for all means :D .

That, and the Toshiba PC on the flyer is actually pretty sweet.

Edit:

He has to fix the number of Acer laptops more than any other.

You have no idea... :p

If and when you make your decision on a laptop, you may want to buy a cooling pad for heat, if necessary.

Manufacturers for cooling pads are Targus, Belkin, Logitech and others.

Toshiba's tend to be even more faithful! But be prepared that if you're going to run anything else but Windows (like Linux), it won't support sh**. Make sure that you're getting what you're paying for. They tend to keep overall prices down by degrading something useful, like "the lack of a webcam" or simply less RAM.

I'm sorry but I just have to inject something here, that I have run with my Toshiba x205 Satellite (Dual SLi) for approx. 3 years now, made several modifications on it myself. Like upgrading to 1TB of hard drive space, went from 2 Gigs of RAM to 4 Gig's, little stuff like that. And through all my modifications my Toshiba runs Linux like a champ. I'm running Ubuntu 10.10 (Desktop Version) on my lap top and right "out of the box" my system worked flawlessly. I didn't so much have to lift a finger or do anything extra like hunt down "terminal codes" to get things to work, it just did all by itself.

So to advertise that Linux is not well supported on a Toshiba lap top computer, or won't support sh** on a Toshiba is far fetched at best. Maybe it was just your version of a Toshiba lap top that didn't run Linux so well, but with my Toshiba it's a Linux champion!

So Kodia, I feel it safe to say that if your planning on running anything other than a Microsoft Windows platform, like Linux, I think your going to be just fine running a non Microsoft system on a Toshiba lap top!

So to advertise that Linux is not well supported on a Toshiba...

Yeah, maybe I was a little short-sighted, I actually had full support for Backtrack5 on my Toshiba laptop. Although my statement was based on something - I've had other issues regarding Linux and Toshiba before, not only with Ubuntu.

But as Backtrack works fine, I guess that it will support at least something. Pardon my statement.

Yeah, maybe I was a little short-sighted, I actually had full support for Backtrack5 on my Toshiba laptop. Although my statement was based on something - I've had other issues regarding Linux and Toshiba before, not only with Ubuntu.

But as Backtrack works fine, I guess that it will support at least something. Pardon my statement.

No worries there my friend, short sided or not, sometimes when things don't turn out so good in the wonderful world of computers, us users remember it for life. You simply had a bad experience, probably tried your best to remedy things at the time, and in the end it didn't pan out. That can leave a serious bitter taste in ones mouth. Your "not so good experience" was with a Toshiba lap top computer, therefore it stuck with you, and now when you hear the words "Linux & Toshiba" in the same sentence you have some notions about it.

It quite alright, heck for me if you utter the words "Hewlett Packard & Windows Vista" in the same sentence I have some notions about that.

No worries................:)

Back