Please Help - pages wont load

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

im having real problems here and no one seems to want to help me :(

All of a sudden im am not able to load some web pages that were previously accessable, such as facebook and confused.com. these pages are obviously important as i am a student!

ive tried virus scans and came up with one file infected and it has been deleated but nothing seems to have changed.....the pages begin to load and if i leave them 3 hrs later nothing has happened!!! what is going on?

ive tried to contact facebook and they have given up on me.

I have windows Vista on a toshiba laptop

i have a 3 dongle which is pay and go top up internet

any help appreciated....

Zoe

The question is: Are you truly free from infection? I strongly advise that you go to our Virus and Malware removal forum here at Tech Spot. Read the Updated 8 Step sticky and follow the steps -- DON'T skip any of the steps.

When you are finished make sure you attach the required logs for they are essential to the people who will help you.

Use this to clean up the temporary internet files:

TFC (Temp File Cleaner)

Download TFC to your desktop
  • Open the file and close any other windows.
  • It will close all programs itself when run, make sure to let it run uninterrupted.
  • Click the Start button to begin the process. The program should not take long to finish its job
  • Once its finished it should reboot your machine, if not, do this yourself to ensure a complete clean

TFC only cleans temp folders. TFC will not clean URL history, prefetch, or cookies. Depending on how often someone cleans their temp folders, their system hardware, and how many accounts are present, it can take anywhere from a few seconds to a minute or more. TFC will completely clear all temp files where other temp file cleaners may fail. TFC requires a reboot immediately after running. Be sure to save any unsaved work before running TFC.

TFC (Temp File Cleaner) will clear out all temp folders for all user accounts (temp, IE temp, java, FF, Opera, Chrome, Safari), including Administrator, All Users, LocalService, NetworkService, and any other accounts in the user folder.

TFC (Temp File Cleaner)

Download TFC to your desktop
  • Open the file and close any other windows.
  • It will close all programs itself when run, make sure to let it run uninterrupted.
  • Click the Start button to begin the process. The program should not take long to finish its job
  • Once its finished it should reboot your machine, if not, do this yourself to ensure a complete clean

TFC only cleans temp folders. TFC will not clean URL history, prefetch, or cookies. Depending on how often someone cleans their temp folders, their system hardware, and how many accounts are present, it can take anywhere from a few seconds to a minute or more. TFC will completely clear all temp files where other temp file cleaners may fail. TFC requires a reboot immediately after running. Be sure to save any unsaved work before running TFC.

TFC (Temp File Cleaner) will clear out all temp folders for all user accounts (temp, IE temp, java, FF, Opera, Chrome, Safari), including Administrator, All Users, LocalService, NetworkService, and any other accounts in the user folder.

Once this has been done, try the sites again. IF you cannot access through a shortcut like a favorite or Bookmark or shortcut on the desktop, type the site in new in the address bar.

IF that works, delete the old shortcuts and set up new ones.

It is possible that there have been chances made on the site or work is being done on it. Having 'old pages' stored on your computer will sometimes cause this to happen.

Additionally:
All of a sudden im am not able to load some web pages that were previously accessable,

Try a System Restore to date right before "all of a sudden"!

ok....

i did all the stuff...found some viruses....removed them but my internet now seems ten times slower and i cannot load more web pages...im soooooo confused on what to do.

for info i have

*cleaned up cookies, temp files etc
*uses anit malware
*other spy thing,
* updated java
*system restored - which didnt help
*couldnt do hijackthis as funnily enough i cannot load the page

any help VERY appreciated

zoe, you really should follow Route44's advice about checking for malware. I was able to access confused.com using Firefox without problem. I don't know how the dongles are regulated- the problem might have something to do with this if you are only allowed a certain amount of broadband service.

Maybe someone will help you load the programs in Safe Mode. I can't do that now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back