Please help. ram keeps going bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a gigabyte motherboard with hyperthreading model ga-8ipe1000. 4 slots for ddr. i originally had all 4 slots used with 256 mb in each. ran fine for about 2 years then 1 stick went bad with this error "cpuid:eek:f29 patch id:0017" i took out the bad ram and worked fine for another 6 or 7 months then another stick went bad and same error. took out bad ram and now about a year later today same error and another stick bad. i am down to 1 stick of 256 mb of ram. is this a bad mother board? what can i do to stop from frying my ram? thanks for any help

probably a bad PSU. Also do not Overlclock ram and ensure you have adequate cooling.

It is much better to run with 2 slots with greater capacity. Instead of 4 slots of 256, use two slots of 512. Your PSU is probably a cheap one and being strained.

The RAM may also simply be reaching the end of its lifespan, most brands are guaranteed for life but they still fail.

It might have just been a cheap brand, seems like you've had it for what, nearly four years now?

If not that i'd also simply suspect the power supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back