Not open for further replies.

mad_havan

hey all,
MY SYSTEM CONFIG
Intel(R)Desktop Board D865GBF
WINDOWS XP SP1
Intel(R) Pentium(R)4 CPU 3.00GHZ
1 GB DDR RAM
i need help desperately...i have been having this problem of system restarts for a long time now...i've tried every possible thing...formatted my system thinking it was a SP2 compatibility issue...the same problems with SP1 also...thought it was a compatibilty problem of my ATI RADEON9200SE series card,so updated the drivers..when it still didn't work and my error messages gave me errors with relation to ATI, i removed the graphics card and uninstalled the drivers....the RAM is also a new one..sadly, the problem still persists...

The error code is
Event ID: 1003, Category: 102, Source: system error

i wanted to test my RAM with the app from http://www.memtest.org/#downiso
but didn't know which one to download...any help on that?
am attaching my minidump files here...please help...please...am desperate...i just finished formatting my system..so have just 2 minidump files....any help would be greatly appreciated...pls...

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

One of your minidumps crashes at smwdm.sys. This is the driver for your onboard sound.

Try uninstalling, and reinstalling your onboard sound software drivers.

Also check for any updates from your mobo manufacturers website.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

thanks

that was a swift reply....will try updating the drivers and let u know whether it helped....thankyou...

No great use

hey,
i have downloaded the latest drivers for the sound card from my mobo manufacturer's site(intel)...have updated the drivers....after that i got a BSOD with the following message
BSOD:
PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
***STOP: 0*0000004E(0*0000008F,0*00010F9F,0*FFFFFFFF,0*00000000)

Iam attaching the minidump files also over here...please help..thankyou...
Also iam often getting errors that both IE and FIREFOX generated errors and closes...Any clues?!

Two of your minidumps are corrupt, and unreadable.

The other one crashes with memory corruption. This is a symptom of faulty ram.

Test you ram as per this thread HERE

Please let us know the outcome.

Regards Howard :)

which one shud i download?

hey,
sorry for asking such a silly question...i went into the memtest site and i saw a number of files for download...which one should i download? how do i test?

That all depends on whether you have a floppy drive or not.

when you get to the website, click on download pre-built ISOs.

Then under Memtest86+ V1.65 (10/01/2005) either click on the Download - Pre-Compiled Bootable ISO (.zip), or if you have a floppy drive click on the o Download - Pre-Compiled package for Floppy (DOS - Win)

hey howard,
As u had asked me to,i downloaded the memory tester file from memtest.org and ran it for a whole night...when i checked it in the morning, i didn't see any errors...The number of passes was at 0,the errors at 0, and test was also at 0%...what does this mean? am very confused....is there anything wrong that iam doing? am i missing something here???

I`m not sure what could have happened.

You should deffinitely have been able to see how many passes the programme had run.

I take it you`re saying the programme wasn`t running when you looked at it this morning?

What version are you using, the floppy version, or the iso version?

Try running it again.

boot memtest86, watch it for a little bit..... can it complete at least 1 pass?
If it can't even do 1 pass, your memory is extremely toast.

7 passes is the minimum I would accept to determine if a stick is good or not.
Normally I run it all night when checking. The more good passes, the better.

I'll try running the test again...I am out of station for about 10days...Will run the test again once am back home...Hope i would get your support again...Thanks a ton...and please be there to help me when am back...

hey howard,
i tried booting it from a CD...Mayb i'll try it once again with the floppy version also..

Hey Tedster,
It completed 1 pass in about an hour when i tried to run it the first time from a floppy...Since that was during the day, i couldn't really leave it on for a longer while...I had some urgent work in the system...So i thought i would run the test again in the night....And in the night, i ran it from a CD...this time,there were no passes....Maybe,i should try running it again with the Floppy...would do it once am back..Thankyou

memory test of no use....

hey,
am back home and tried to run the memtest...the system,i think,gets hung up in test 3...it doesn't proceed beyond that...i tried even with a older version,still the condition is the same...any other option that i can try out??floppy or cd, it doesn't make any difference...
i have attached 6 of the recent minidump files...pls help...

Your minidumps are saying you have a hardware problem.

This could be any type of hardware. Ram/cpu/mobo/videocard/psu etc

Unfortunately these errors are very difficult to diagnose, and is a process of elimination.

Try putting your stick of ram in another dimm slot.

Check your mobo for bulging, or leaking capacitors. See HERE for further info.

Check your temperatures.

Disconnect anything not required to run your system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back