Possible DirectX Compatibility Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadcell

Hey guys I recently purchased and installed Call of Duty 2. After The installation, i realized i had not yet downloaded DirectX 9 (I think i had DirectX 7or 8). After I did this, when i inserted disk 1 (out of 6), the COD2 menue came up and, after selecting Single PLayer mode, a message appeared, stating that "DirectX had encountered an unrecoverable error" and to "Read the DirectX FAQ for help." I did everything the FAQ told me to do and ran some diagnostic tests to check for DirectX, Direct3D, DirectSound, DirectDraw, etc. Everything was fine. I later uninstalled and reinstalled COD just incase. After restarting my computer (for like the 3rd time so far), i ran into the same message. NOt sure what's wrong but i think its a problem with my hardware compatibility. I was running this on a Dell Demension 4700 with a Microsoft XP proccessing system. I have SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio, new CD and DVD-ROM drives, and Intel Pentium 4 CPU. My graphics card is an nVidia GForce FX 5200 card. I know my computer meets the graphic card, proccessor, and RAM requirements. My hardrive has enough uncompressed free space and a 16-bit soundcard, which also meet the requirements. I don't know what the problem here is. Any help would be gratefully appriciated! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back