Possible malware on my computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I'm new to this community, but after reading a few of the threads posted here I think this is the best place. Recently I was browsing the web when all of a sudden a strange .pdf popped up named "Banner.pdf". I'm not sure what it was, since I didn't click on any ads or anything. After that, my computer suddenly froze and restarted on its own. After I logged in to my main account a lot of pop ups came up saying that I had "bad images" on a lot of my applications such as Firefox and Microsoft Word. I found here the 8-steps to sort of get rid of the malware, and did all those things. I also panicked and did a system restore and reset my settings to a couple days back, before the all the problems occured. The bad images went away, but I still scanned my computer, and found a couple of things in the MalwareBytes Anti-Malware and also the SuperAntiSpyware. However, a couple of the threats were missing when I scanned it after the system restore. I have AVG Free and found nothing when i scanned it. I was just making sure to see if you guys can help me clean out my computer before I start logging into my accounts online. I'm not sure if it was that strange pdf file that started everything or not. Any help would be grateful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back