Power question

Status
Not open for further replies.

acacia666avenue

I recently built a computer and when i press the power button the computer turns on for like 2 seconds and then turns off and then after like 5 seconds the computer fully turns on. I was wondering what could cause this. I already checked the front panel connectors and checked it for polarity and its fine.

u have given no specifics so I am going to ask, is this a new build? have u been in the BIOS and set it up? if not new, has it been working?

it is a new build. i press power button and it turns on for 1-2 seconds turns off and then turns on like 5 seconds later. it has a 430 watt psu which is more than enough for this build

When you say it turns on fully 5 seconds later, do you mean Windows boots up and you are good to go?

It could also be the mobo. Since modern computers use the mobo to turn the power supply on and off. As already suggested, check the bios, disable anything that refers to power management.

also have u changed anything in the bios, if the mobo is checking and anything is in question some mobo will do what u are saying. the mobo I am on now has mem. that it does not like but it works good in it and will do what u are saying, of course I have this computer overclocked very much. although the time is shorter than what u stated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back