Power switches for my custom wood case?

steelth

I'm wanting to build a new case ,but i got no idea where to get on /off switch and reset switch.All the ones i have seen are 2 piece switches ,I'm looking for a rocker type switch that all i have to do is add the wires. If anyone knows where i can get some online plz let me know. Thx alot

Switches are made to fit the tower facia panel and when you buy a new case the switches come with it. I did a bit of searching but other than buying in bulk there does not seem to be any available. You may have to visit a good computer store and ask if they can supply you with just a switch. A more intensive search on the internet may well find something.

thx i was basically going to build a wooden case . So i would need to add my own switches thx for the reply.

A rocker switch is wrong type of switch for a modern PC. A rocker switch provides a continuous electrical connection but modern motherboard header pins require a momentary connection to switch the PC on. I suppose you could just turn it on and off quickly but why bother? It would be better for you and other users if your "on" switch worked the same as all the other modern PCs.

The correct type of PC front panel "on" switch is available. BTW, the front panel reset switch is the same type. Here is a sample of front panel switches and LEDs you'll need: http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0218616

thx again , ya i read up alil more on it and found out those switches wouldn't work.I have seen alot of wooden cases made and they look really cool. So i figured i would try , but it will be awhile before i can get started . I figured i would find all the parts i needed now , then build it later on . thank you for you help

I'm sure it would be an interesting and rewarding project. When you get started let us know how it's going.

that is awesome very close to what i had planned only i wanted a wooden top and fabric behind the grill , thats a great job, i love it. And thx for the switches.

Back