Price comparisons for systems being tested. Is it possible?

LeslieS

I am on the youtube distribution list. I am intending to purchase a system on or about "black friday". For me, system price is a major consideration. I don't need a Lamburgini kind of computer, but something I can afford.

When you benchmark multiple systems, please post the price of each system at the time you recorded the benchmarks. Even though the prices may change in the days following the youtube presentation, it gives we who do not have $2000 to put down on a system, an idea of what we can get in terms of performance for "dollar / pound". You may want to include the date for the prices you post.

It will depend on the kind of test and review. If we're testing CPUs, for example, our conclusion always includes a mention of pricing and value in the context of what it offers and key competitors. Same goes for laptops, graphics cards, and other components. Lately, Steve is even going the extra mile by putting together scatter plots for that data.

It wouldn't make sense to value entire builds for those reviews, because that's not the focus, and we tend to configure the PCs for testing/drawing fair comparisons (and not buying the entire builds).

When we test full systems, then we'll discuss overall build pricing per the above. And if what you're looking for is a guide for an entire PC build from scratch or upgrade, then we have you covered, too, on various price points:
https://www.techspot.com/guides/buying/

Back