Printer Problems - Windows 7 - HP Photosmart C4280

Status
Not open for further replies.

deanlaing12

I used to have windows xp home edition but decided to get windows 7.
I installed windows 7 with the disk and i overwrighten my windows xp so all my files were placed into the windows.old file
Deleted all the useles stuff as usual.
uninstalled my printer through *Driver Genius*
Downloaded the new windows 7 32bit compatible driver for my printer
Installing ok until i need to connect my printer.

My problem is:

The Printer is not recognised at all by the pc, No sound signal or unidentified hardware symbol or text.
The ports do work as my mouse keyboard etc... work perfect on those ports.

I know the printer is broken because it hanst been moved or touched etc...

I cheked all cables connected and retried, still nothing
tried diffrent ports, still nothing
Tried wating as the help section said for hidden commands but only got an error saying please connect device.
The 3rd and last helpful part of the help section was: View the trouble shooting file contained in the cd. (there is no such file visible to me)

Extra notes:

My printer worked perfectly for the first phew prints in windows 7 befour uninstalling and re installing the new drivers.

It did stop working befour i installed new drivers though.

The printer works because i printed with my camera chip.

If i do try printing i get error says, install a printer.

Im using MS Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit

All my programms are working exept this problem which i have googles and got no help from.

How do i resolv this issue?

Help is appreteated.

You need to install >> your drivers first, then when asked, turn on your printer and plug it in

By the way, you may want to download Firefox with its auto spellcheck feature, or possibly learn English a little better ;)

You need to install >> your drivers first, then when asked, turn on your printer and plug it in

By the way, you may want to download Firefox with its auto spellcheck feature, or possibly learn English a little better ;)

Im using Firefox all the time since it's the best browser ever made. (you forgot the fullstop, hypocrit and i dont know how to use it's spell cheker.)

PLease read my post befour leaving ignorant messages. Im quite offended since you clearly didnt read my post, if you don't want to then fine, don't help. Just don't make a bad situation worse.

Run the HP "Start Detection" from this post

Firefox spellcheck info HERE

Spell Checking

A built-in spell checker lets you enter text directly into Web pages—like blog posts and Web-based email—without worrying about typos and misspellings. Work directly with the Web and save yourself a step.
spell-checking.png

Right click on the underlined word, and then select the correct spelling.

Edit: Internet Explorer is the most popular browser ever made.

Run the HP "Start Detection" from this post

Firefox spellcheck info HERE

spell-checking.png

Right click on the underlined word, and then select the correct spelling.

Edit: Internet Explorer is the most popular browser ever made.

Tried that and it says i cannot do anything till my printer is installed.

(i didnt say most popular, i mean best :p )

uninstalled my printer through *Driver Genius*
Hmm, it took me a little while to find this tool:
I have used this Tool: Deleter.exe (More info HERE) to delete installed printers that just wouldn't remove

It may not work on your printer or on Windows 7, but please give it a go ;)
If you run it, then select your printer (and other orphaned and registry areas), then select "Action" and then "delete", you will need to then restart
This program can delete all installed printers accidentally, so use it with care
In the past (when I've used it) I have deleted all printers, and just started again

Something else you can try as well

I don't have Win 7 installed yet (but am guessing this Device Manager feature will work the same in Win 7 as it did in W2K, XP and Vista)

All your printer installs don't appear in Device Manager unless you set it to display non-present devices (also called "ghost" devices as their icon in Device Manger are semi-transparent). See this link

Check for and uninstall all printer and/or still imaging/scanner devices you see

Hmm, it took me a little while to find this tool:
I have used this Tool: Deleter.exe (More info HERE) to delete installed printers that just wouldn't remove

It may not work on your printer or on Windows 7, but please give it a go ;)
If you run it, then select your printer (and other orphaned and registry areas), then select "Action" and then "delete", you will need to then restart
This program can delete all installed printers accidentally, so use it with care
In the past (when I've used it) I have deleted all printers, and just started again

I uninstalled all hp software and reset pc, deleted all files contaning info for hp then installed the newest windows 7 and its now installed the software and it recognises the printer :p

thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back