Problem connecting printer via ethernet switch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having a problem connecting my Nashutec printer / photcopier to my computer. All was well until I changed to Talk Talk and went wireless for my internet connection.
Previously I connected to the internet via an adsl modem card in my pc but I took this card out and have a wireless connection to a Dlink wireless router. This works OK.
However to install the modem on the pc I had to use an ethernet cable to connect first time. I have only one ethernet plug in the pc connecting to the Intel Pro/100 connection. After the router was set up and I plugged the cable back in for the printer I couldn't connect to it. I get a message saying limited or no connectivity. When I click repair it says it can't because it can't find the IP address.
I'm running XP SP2 Pentium R 240GHz processor with 540MB ram
The autoconfig IP adress I get for the network connection is 169.254.168.233
The lights are on the Ethernet switch box and the cables seem to be OK as the lights flash at both ends.
has anybody got any suggestions as to how I can get my connection back?

Hello, it was a dlink modem but I don't know if that has anything to do with the problem.
I have tried configuring the IP to the printer manually but this hasn't worked as yet

Recycle the printer. Power it off, then unplug the power. Wait 30 seconds. Plug in the power, and turn it back on. Does this printer have Network Configuration Feature? If it does take the DHCP IP address from the router and configure a Static IP, Subnet Mask and Default Gateway (Router IP) into the Printer Network Configuration. This way the Router doesn't try to keep on changing the IP address for the printer and thus you don't have issues with private IP address of 169.xxx showing up.

IF the printer is connected to a print server you need to make sure the IP in that device matches what the router IP for that box is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back