Problem viewing jpg files from Nikon camera @@

Quite desperate now...

I accidentally deleted some photos from the SD card when I'm trying to copy them into the desktop. And I searched on the internet which suggested me to use the EASESU data recovery wizard, to recover the photos...and the problem is, I got the files back in jpg format and seems nothing is different from other jpg files, but I can't view those recovered files in any software anymore...what's the problem?

FYI, the windows viewer said something like this: "cannot open file because an unknown or invalid JPEG marker type is found".

thanks for the help><

The first 4 bytes of many files are the file type marker ; apparently they are missing or corrupted.

Hmm; I seem to recall that Nikon has a RAW format - - got any tools for photo editing?

Yes I got photoshop, but I tried opening the file using photoshop and it said file type not supported. Is there any way I can make it? thxxxxx

Ah and another small issue...I deleted a few photos when viewing them using the camera, and they are fine after recovery; and I deleted a bunch when inserting the SD card into the computer , and those cannot be viewed after recovery.

Last edited by a moderator:
Find a problem file that is small and attach it to your reply.
I'll see if some of my tools can deduce the media type or if it's truly corrupted

Back