problem when booting

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverwingz

Ok, im not sure what the issue is, I think it may be a problem with my motherboard. When ever I go to start up my comp it gets stuck at the bios or system type screen (in my case the platnum screen) or it will get stuck at the windows loading screen with the bar still moving. I know it cant be something installed on the hard drive because I have changed out hard drives and it does it with both. I know it isnt my video card or power supply because both were recently replaced and the problem has just been getting worse. it used to happen 1 out of every 4 restarts, now it takes upwards of 10 restarts to get it to move past the issue. So I think it has to be something with the bios or the motherboard could be faulty. Any suggestions would be great, thanx

Possible RAM or overheat. Take out the module(s) and clean the connectors with a clean pencil eraser. Put it/them back one at a time, and try in different slots.
Check that the fan on top of the CPU is spinning fast and try and blow the dust out of the CPU heatsink.
If that does not work, disconnect all the drives except the boot drive and try again.
Let us know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back