Problem with cursor jumping around

Status
Not open for further replies.

roseypeach

Hi everyone,

I have had my Dell Latitude C810 for approx. 6 months now. I purchased it secondhand. Its been great, but I have one complaint: the cursor jumps at will while I am typing and I constantly have to stop and reposition it. Does anyone else have this problem? Is this common for laptops? I have slowed my key speed and cursor speed but that only helps so much. So far during typing this I have had to stop three times to put it where I'm typing.

Thanks in advance for any tips!

Detective mouse glider, you could disable mouse glider in the BIOS and use optical marble mouse instead for USB. Make sure you use the lower port on the laptop itself, because the upper is for firewire. That's a touch large 15x screen all black you get two optical drives one on the left side if you have the keyboard facing you.

Again all these parts do wear out in time. HP/Compaq has a switch on the keyboard to turn off the glider. DELL it's in the bios.

!!!!

I checked the BIOS, I can turn it off but I have to choose serial mouse to do so. I can change it to PS/2 mouse-touchpad, serial mouse-touchpad off, and that's it. I turned it off and plugged a serial mouse in which works ok, but this is a terribly old mouse I've had laying around for years. Guess I will purchase a new one. Thanks for the info! Ooops, how that happened? Now its still jumping around,this time to the title box. What gives?

Okay so I'm dealing with the touchpad. That means its bad? Can it be replaced or am I just gonna have to use a regular mouse?

Yes it can be replace, but not that easy I've done it before many times they do go bad... (glider a.k.a touchpad) You need to remove palm rest panel it takes a while to do. There are many mice to choose from there are micro ones for laptop that you can use. I won't go serial USB is the way to go. serial mouse is slow baud is slower that USB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back