Problem with Monitor VP930b

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trancidonia

Hi, i have this monitor for quite sometime now
a ViewSonic VP930b
works great and stuff and the pivot and this and that is great, yeah

sadly
it's not my first time to have this Green LED blinking problem with nothing showing up. Couple of time it just goes into like "not respoding mode", a couple of time i have the tap on the "2" buttons just to hope i get the change of it auto fix itself.

Restarting the system won't help to fix the problem, mostly i'll have to wait or so
Or wait a couple of hours with my System off, but that aint going to help.
Unplug and Replugging the DVI cable aint going to help either.

I'm a gamer, who sometimes only need one monitor to play, so usually i'll sort of turn off my second monitor which is the VP930b using the "Display Propertises(right click on desktop).

From the Net, i found out the VS's customer services is so bad that i wont even have a thought of contactinging them.

You Guys have any idea what i should do with it? Like Fix it or Something?

P.S It's Great while it last... well not for a very long time
Btw, do you guys have any recommendation of what kind of monitor that i should get which have Pivot and rotating features?

To quickly get it back working, try this:

Quote from No Post Tutorial:
Disperse internal Voltage
  • Remove all power (adaptor power Cord and Battery (for laptops))
  • Hold down the ON button for 30secs (dispersing internal voltage)
  • Plug the power cord in only (ie leave battery out, for the moment)
  • Turn on
Did it work?
If so, shutdown normally, and fit the battery back in (for laptops)
Continue on as per normal

This may actually be the result of incorrect or older drivers installed for your Video card
I would suggest downloading the most up-to-date Video card drivers for your Video card (or computer if on board Video)
Then fully un-install the present drivers from Add\Remove programs
And install the newest drivers are restarting

ohes thanks man, i tried but it didn't relaly help,
i'll check the driver soon

however, it did auto sorta fix itself by showing the D-Sub1,with the LCD flash orange, at which is when i push the "2" button to switch from analog to DVI; however whenever i pushed the button,. it went back into sort of like a "standby" mode(blinking green led), minutes later the D-sub1 message will sort of popup for a couple seconds before retreating into a sleep where i can off the monitor using the power button which is on the front panel.

exactly 6 horus later after i woke up from my sleep, it's sort of fix'd itself.

Anyway, attempting to fix driver and see it it will works or not
brb Testing

I was thinking after posting the above, I hope you relized I mean remove the Computer power lead, not the display of course :confused:
Then press to hold the computer power ON button

oh i did i did, removed the cord and press and hold the power button for 30 seconds,

wait... i didn't. Opps my bad

alright, recently i fix my pc from the recent crash for my windows
i noticed that that particular monitor will go to sleep and will be pretty hard for it to wake up
so i did what you'd told me by taking out the plug which is the main power source for the pc
press and hold the on/off button for 30 seconds.. replug in and the monitor is still asleep :(

The "sleep" issue can be one of three issues
1. Monitor is faulty (please try another)
2. Computer is faulty (Not POSTing effectively)
3. Video card is faulty

Please test monitor, and video card (ideally remove\reseat\ or use onboard Video

i have noticed that not just me alone have this problem, many have pointed finger at the monitor with its horrible after-sale services, i think it's about time for the monitor to go :(

tested monitor with different ports,
tested Computer with or without Cards

but i haven't tested the monitor on my friend's pc yet,

will update more about it later.

Viewsonic's Vp930b technically still works but somehow somewhere in the software underneath the plastic casing is giving up.

No wonder they stop producing it.

anyway, do you guys know any monitor that can be pivot, tilt and even rotates?

brb testing monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back