Problem with power / reset sw

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just installed an Asus P6T mobo, in an Antec 1200, with an i7 930, and I am having problems with the system panel connector (power sw, you know, the thing with the power/ground and reset/ground that plugs into the case power/reset wires). If the case sits for a long length of time, it won't power up. I hit the power button and it doesn't do anything. It's been doing this since the first power up after installation. To fix the problem, although temporarily, I have to pull the system panel connector adapter out, replug the reset wire, the power wire and the led wire, and plug the adapter back in. Once I unplug it and refit all the wires, it boots right up.

It doesn't happen in short intervals, however. I can shut the system down, wait a few seconds, and it'll power right back up.

Finally, after I refit all the plugs on the system panel connector I have to change the boot order on my hard drives. Don't know if this is related though...

Instead of unplugging the panel connectors from the motherboard, try switching the power off at the back of the power supply for a couple of minutes. Of course, the PC should be powered off at the time. Turn the switch on the PSU back on and see if it will start.

sounds as if the connectors are loose. if you can wiggle then when attached, there's something wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back