Problem with sound card

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok i have win xp sp2,,sound blaster audigy z model #SB0350..
I RUN TEST CREATIVE DIAGNOSTIC RUN TEST,,
IT SHOW :
WAVE-FAIL
MIDI-FAIL
MIXER-FAIL
DIRECT SOUND 3D-PASS
SOUND FONT-PASS
IT KEEP SAYING SOUND CARD NOT FOUND IN UR COMPUTER I HAVE IT IN THERE..
I HAVE UNINSTALLED AND REINSTALLED SAME THING.. HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP ME
THANKS
GLEN

Turn off your system, move the soundcard to another PCI slot & boot the machine up. It'll detect the sound card again & if you're lucky, it'll use the installed drivers otherwise you'll have to reinstall them.
PS. Welcome to TechSpot. Hope you enjoy your stay.:wave:

PS2. no messages in all caps please.;)

hi again ok i tried to switch my sound card to another pci slot same thing..i have network pci card there so i switch and it cant read network pci..ok about sound card same thing it happen so i switch it back so what am i going to do about it..
glen

Maybe you could fill your system specs in your profile. With more information about your system, it'll be easier for us to offer probable solutions.

i have feeling that one pci slot not working or cant read .i put network wireless pci on that slot and i reboot and nothing pop up saying hardware find ..also sound card too..so i switched it back it found network wireless so i am not sure about pci slot maybe no good..

Since you are unsure if the the PCI is no good, try to install your soundcard in another pc. If it works, then there's a big chance there's something wrong with the PCI slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back