Problem with video card when connecting to HDTV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ventress

I had Geforce 8800 ultra and I used VGA cable to connect it to my HDTV. Well that damn video card broke down and now I have ATI Radeon HD 3870. Problem is that when it's connected to my HDTV it displays as far as when Windows is loading, after that nothing. Does anyone know how I can get this video card working with my TV?

I did uninstall some but I'm not really sure what I can uninstall. I just used Driver Sweeper and deleted Nvidia Display but Nvidia Physx is still installed. Should I uninstall that as well? Uninstalling Nvidia Display didn't solve the problem.

Well I gave it a try and uninstalled pretty much everything that had Nvidia name on it but the problem prevails. It works with my HDTV when I boot in safe mode.

Now reinstall the ATI drivers from AMD's website... or from the supplied CD if you can't see to get online

"I just checked that my HDTV displays when I'm running a game"...

...But you still get no video booting into Windows?

Finally got it working. I had to put the refresh rate to 60. Well I can't change the resolution because then the screen goes black. Seriously if someone is thinking about buying a video card BUY NVIDIA! Fortunately I didn't have to pay for this Radeon crap.

lol your basing buying an ati card off of a 3 year old video card? thats funny nvidia does not mean its better you just didnt know what you were doing.

Finally got it working. I had to put the refresh rate to 60. Well I can't change the resolution because then the screen goes black. Seriously if someone is thinking about buying a video card BUY NVIDIA! Fortunately I didn't have to pay for this Radeon crap.

A little harsh! You might want to keep an open mind as the way things are panning out nVIDIA is likely going to cede low-end PC graphics to AMD/ATI.

I like Nvidia's chipsets over AMD/ATI's. I used to be an ATI user until Vista was introduced. With Windows 7, Nvidia is the only choice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back