Problems with computer. Completed 8-step removal instructions

Status
Not open for further replies.

LisaLash

Hey. Somehow managed to click on some dodgy site the other day, quickly got off it, windows firewall said it blocked something, but ever since my computer keeps freezing. Can't listen to music or watch DVDs etc. without them skipping after about 5/10 minutes.

Anyway, it's not a memory problem, and I've completed the whole 8-stop process exactly as described. The logs are attached.
I'd really appreciate anyone's help! Thank you!

I'm running avast by the way.

Attachments

• mbam-log-2009-12-16 (15-42-03).txt
    2.2 KB · Views: 5
  • SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log - 12-16-2009 - 17-04-02.log
    1.1 KB · Views: 5
  • hijackthis.log
    8.3 KB · Views: 5
^THANK YOU so much for taking the time to look and reply!
Ok, I ran the ESET scan, and it found 3 things:

Win32:prcView Aplication
Win32/Adware.Virtumonde.NEO application
and another application that it said was "probably a variant of Win32/Adware.Agent"

So, I removed all these things, but it still didn't help because my computer remained very slow, and kept freezing etc. So I got really annoyed yesterday and decided to do a system restore (to before the problems started), but that didn't work, and so I tought I'd run the scans again.

Before I could, an avast alert popped up saying: Sign of Win32:Malware-gen has been found in "C:\SystemVolumeInformation\_restore{202550AB-7A33-9586-051D24DDBF8F}\RP679\A0087370.dll" file

And it subsequently came up another 3 times, but with slighly different file names. I deleted them each time, but I'm not sure if it's gone for good?

So I'm just running some scans again to remove all the crap and the logs are attached.

Thanks!

My computer is still infected.. it's extremely slow and is still freezing whenever I do anything. I ran the ESET Scanner, and it found the "variant" of Win32/Adware.Agent once again, and even though it removed it my computer is still crashing. I'm guessing it's this Win32:Malware-gen that avast keeps detecting because the alerts are still coming up, and I'm deleting the files every time.

Could someone please help me with how to remove this Malware-gen? The recent scan logs are attached in the post above. This is ruining my Christmas because I rely on my computer for everything (for instance, all the DVDs I've had are useless), and if I can't remove this virus I'm gonna have to buy a new computer :(

PLEASE HELP! Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas! :)

Ok, I've just realised that there are always multiple iexplore.exe processes running when I open Internet Explorer, and these are taking up a hell of a lot of CPU. There's currently three running for instance, I think more appear the longer I browse the net. When I close them all they go, but of course they come back when I re-open Internet Explorer. Anyone have any idea how I can get rid of this virus please? I've just checked my Internet Explorer Programs folder, and there's two files: "iexplore.exe" and a "iexplore.exe.mui" - could this last folder have been corrupted or infected??

Also, different avast alerts popped up detecting "Other:Malware-gen" in some Java folders the other day.. I've deleted them and they have gone, but my computer is still very slow, can't do anything!

I've attached a new Hijackthis log. Damn, this sucks, PLEEEASE HELP!

"Ok, I've just realised that there are always multiple iexplore.exe processes running when I open Internet Explorer, and these are taking up a hell of a lot of CPU"...

Many processes loading will cause slow performance, but the 2 iexplore.exe entries have nothing to do with your problems here
Download and run this temp file cleaner:
Temp File Cleaner

We can delete or modify some Hijackthis entries, if needed, to speed things up too. Have you turned off System Restore and run the scans once more? This will insure that malware is not hidden in the old restore points. You can turn system restore back on when the system is clean

Thanks for your help once again Tmagic.

My system restore was still on, I didn't realise so I've now turned it off, thank you! That Temp File Cleaner cleaned up a lot of crap, thanks for that. I ran all the scans again, the logs are attached.

Computer is still freezing though :( Usually it freezes and my cursor is able to move (nothing I click opens), but yesterday (before running the scans again), everything froze and the computer was making a high-pitched ringing noise, which kind of worried me. I had to unplug it from the mains as usual. I don't know what's wrong with it anymore... you can usually hear that something is running in the background, but nothing on the task manager suggests this :( I'm currently trying to listen to music, and I can already hear some slight jumps.. it will eventually freeze my computer.

I've deleted some HijackThis entries (the MSN games etc.), are there any others I could modify or delete?

"everything froze and the computer was making a high-pitched ringing noise"...

This indicates a hardware issue and not a malware problem. Try testing your hard drive by running a disk check on restart. Go to My Computer, right-click on the C hard drive icon, select properties, tools, error checking

Ran the error check on restart as described, twice to make sure, didn't find any problems... computer is still freezing.

Nothing's changed... think I'm just gonna buy a new pc :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back