Problems with installing Directx 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I'm tying to install directx 9, an error shows up telling me that the software I'm installing doesn't pass the windows logo test. Can anyone please help me because I can't find the cause of this.

grz dexter

all that means is that they havent been fully tested to be compatible with windows. this usually doesnt mean anything. if it bothers you, go to microsoft's website and get a version that IS certified to be compat. with windows.

Hello and Welcome to Techspot :angel:

errr... for your information:

First I tried to instal directx 9 from my NFS underground CD, and after the logo test message the installation was aborted
Then, I tried to instal the newest directx 9 from microsoft.com, but the same fault came up, that the program I was trying to instal wasn't compatible with windows... Of course, both versions are compatible, otherwise microsoft wouldn't be offering the program... So my problem isn't that I'm worried about the logo test, I couldn't care less, but my problem is the installation is canceled so I can't instal directx 9 at all... looks like a problem to me ;)

Can anyone help me?

ok i just had your same logo problem with Starwolves. the only program thta ever had directx do that for me. do you have any other game cd's that have dx9 on them? try those....but you probably don't. hmm i'll try looking for other links to dx9....but it might be a problem on your comp i dunno

This is very odd considering that M$ is the makers of direct X . If you scan it first like you should any exe file than install it you should be fine ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back