Problems with my Mouse

So today I restarted my laptop in order to fix some FPS Drops. However when it turned back on, my mouse wouldn't work. By 'work' I mean that the laptop doesn't recognize the USB and there's nothing saying anything about a new USB being inserted. I'v also checked Mouse and Pointing Devices under Device Manager but, it didn't have the normal HID Compliant that it usually has, when my mouse did work. (Before the restart, the mouse worked perfectly fine).

EDIT: Nevermind, I managed to fix it y rebooting my laptop for the 4th time.

Mice wear out. You might want to put a new one (bought cheap on sale) on your shelf against the time this one goes 'kaput'. We need a new one every year or so.

Was the old one glitching? Is the new one different brand? Does it have more or different features?

You might want to 'remove' the mouse from device manager and reinstall it. That way it gets a chance to check out the new mouse before it decides how the drivers should fit.

Just as mice wear out, some new ones weren't quite as tested as we might hope and so you can see even a new mouse get glitched (bad solder joint, leaky capacitor, etc).

Let us know if you have more problems.

Was the old one glitching? Is the new one different brand? Does it have more or different features?

You might want to 'remove' the mouse from device manager and reinstall it. That way it gets a chance to check out the new mouse before it decides how the drivers should fit.

Just as mice wear out, some new ones weren't quite as tested as we might hope and so you can see even a new mouse get glitched (bad solder joint, leaky capacitor, etc).

Let us know if you have more problems.
When I had the old one it didnt have this problem but, when I got the problem with my new mouse I also tested it with my old mouse, and the problem was still there.

Back