Problems with Popups/bar888 etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over the last few days, my computer all of a sudden is being hit with tons of popups and I don't know where to begin with getting rid of them. I've gone to the add/remove programs, but don't really know which ones should not be there. bar888 will not allow me to remove it although I don't know what it is. Other curious applications are:
- J2SE runtime environment
- muvee autoproducer
- ati display driver
- command
- conexant ac-97 audio and conexant data and fax
- gemmaster mystic
- texas instruments pcixx21/x515 drivers

Any suggestions of where to begin to get rid of these popups and make my machine normal again?

Thanks

Hello Rungostar, welcome to TechSpot! :wave:

Please go and read this and then post a fresh HijackThis log as an attachment into this thread. Then we can see what's causing the problem so that we can remove it.

Regards :)

of course you're using anti-trojan and anti-virus software and have made all the checks right?

Here's the hijacklog. Please let me know your thoughts when you get a chance. Thanks in advance.

Tedster said:
of course you're using anti-trojan and anti-virus software and have made all the checks right?

Unfortunately, I don't know what anti-trojan software is or does. I take it I should have it. What is it?

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Your system is infected with a variety of malware. You`re not running any antivirus or firewall software, this is a huge security risk.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of Rungostar only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Will do. A quick update. My computer has lost the taskbar at the bottom, so I cannot get to the start menu. This is even the case when I go into safe mode. Will this be recoverable?

I'll try to download the appropriate stuff, but i'm not sure if my computer will be able to in the state it is in.

Howard: I do not keep any personal account or financial information on my computer. However, I do use my computer for online banking. Does use for online banking compromise my system to the point that it should get a reinstall?

Online banking is one use where I would recommend formatting the hard drive and reinstalling. You should contact your bank and inform them that your computer may have been compromised. Doing anything else is a risk I don`t think is worth taking, but obviously it`s up to you.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of Rungostar only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back