Proddoc_getdock

Status
Not open for further replies.

sove_reign

Hi all,
I've got this icon on my desktop, titled proddoc_getdc.htm; It has the mozilla firefox internet logo on it. when i double click it, i get a copy of whatever webpage mozilla is on. Right mouse click it and go to properties, it reads that it's a Firefox Document.html Atrtriburtes: A. This showed up on my pc at 5 30 am two nights ago. I've tried to delete it, but i get an error message stating that I need authorization. I've gone into it's properties, and denied it any and all web access to my pc useraccounts, admin accts, ect. Yet it still somehow gets access to the internet. I dont know where it came from. it just appeared. I didnt download anything (as far as i know) so i must have clicked on something. ( i was working on my website at the time, and looking for a flash gallery to make my pictures do tricks)

When I googled proddoc_getdoc, it kept showing this macromedia.com address. So i googled macromedia.com. It's adobe. So I ring adobe usa from uk, and tell them i want to speak to tech support in regards to removing whatever this thing is. I'm told i cant speak to tech support because i haven't purchased any of their products. Lovely. They got an earful of a few choice words. This thing is starting to scare me. I do alot of stuff online, but since this thing appeared, I refuse to do more than the most basic tasks.

Right, I've scanned my pc 7 different times with everything from microsoft.com scanners to agv, symantec, ect. Each time my scans come back saying no trojans, spyware, malware, viruses, adaware, ect. windows security and avast are in full mode. But since this thing has appeared, i've not been able to load ilosoft via any internet explorer, no matter what i do, and now, when i try to upload say, an online game via java applet, mozilla crashes. Also, when I run a search for it in windows explorer, or the registry, my PC can't find it.

My system specs: (to the best of my ability and device manager)
Windows Vista Home Premium
IE8
Firefox (unknown version, just downloaded yesterday)
PC is 6 months old
32-Bit OS
ACPI x86-based pc
Processor: Intel Pentium D (dual core) CPU 3.00GHz 3.00GHz
Memory 2.0G
Windows Defender/Windows Security
Avast Home Edition Antivirus
Adaware
Adwatch
(I think that's everything in regards to the problem at hand)

does anyone know what this proddoc_getdoc thing is and how i can get rid of it? In advance, thank you to all who have read this.

Oh, thank you! That was absolutely brilliant! Easy to find, easy to use, and Worked in Seconds! That was amazing. Thank you so much! I really appreciate that. Glad to finally find a site where people know what they are doing, and are willing to help! I just cant thank you enough! That was wonderful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back