PSU blew up again

Hi guys. Im really pissed. Built myself a new pc with Watercooling. While filling the system I shorted Power on to ground to fill the system. Everything worked. Then I went to my appartment plugged it in. Nothing. Some lights on the MB were light that's all. I tried turnin on and off a couple of times. Then it exploded and turned off the safety breaker. I bought a new psu and plugged it in. Same again. First lights were light, then it started to trigger the safety breaker, even when nothing was connected.
Today I tried it in a different room, just the psu. It exploded. I don't know what to do.

Could it be possible that the first psu damaged some other hardware?

Am I just unlucky and got another bad psu?

Could it be the wires in my apartment, regardless if everything works great?`

The Psu is a corsair RM750i

Thanks for some advice

Let me get this right...you had 3 corsair RM750i PSUs explode. Something is way wrong here.

Could it be possible that the first psu damaged some other hardware? YES

Am I just unlucky and got another bad psu? YES

Could it be the wires in my apartment, regardless if everything works great?` YES

To which you can add some other possibilities...
- placement of components into the case resulting in a grounding out short
- PSU is not set to same voltage range as wall outlet

FIRST, I would check my power requirements with the MSI PSU Calculator ( https://us.msi.com/power-supply-calculator ).
SECOND, I would examine my components for burn marks (brown or black stains on motherboard, RAM, GPU).
THIRD, take blown PSUs to vendor for testing &/or contact Corsair

Let us know how it goes.

Let me get this right...you had 3 corsair RM750i PSUs explode. Something is way wrong here.

Could it be possible that the first psu damaged some other hardware? YES

Am I just unlucky and got another bad psu? YES

Could it be the wires in my apartment, regardless if everything works great?` YES

To which you can add some other possibilities...
- placement of components into the case resulting in a grounding out short
- PSU is not set to same voltage range as wall outlet

FIRST, I would check my power requirements with the MSI PSU Calculator ( https://us.msi.com/power-supply-calculator ).
SECOND, I would examine my components for burn marks (brown or black stains on motherboard, RAM, GPU).
THIRD, take blown PSUs to vendor for testing &/or contact Corsair

Let us know how it goes.

No 2 PSU blew up,
thanks for help

If you can, get a 1000 watt PSU and also reset your BIOS jumper so any overclocking is disabled. Make sure any heat sink compound used on the liquid cooler didn't leak out onto the board.

Back