PSU Major Concern

Ryan Townsend

Just bought a Corsair CX600 to replace my crappy on board PSU which kept crashing my system every time I play a game (used to crash it after about 10 secs of game time)

I've installed this new CX600 and I have a new problem.

This problem happens very randomly, it happens on some games but not all of my games. (as far as I know.) What happens is, it completely switchs off my computer, my computer boots up automatically to my Advent bootscreen. It then boots off, then boots up, and loops until I unplug the cable or flick the switch at the back.

So my question is, have I been shipped a faulty PSU or is there something else I should be concerned about?

CPU: i3 550
GPU: Nvidia GTX 660SC (1 month old)
RAM: 4bg

My first thought would be the PSU because that's the newest thing, however my question is, what types of problems did you have before with the old PSU. You say crashing your system, but im curious in what way do you mean crashing your system?

My first thought would be the PSU because that's the newest thing, however my question is, what types of problems did you have before with the old PSU. You say crashing your system, but im curious in what way do you mean crashing your system?

sorry I didn't specify completely! Going into the actual game where I can play and after about 10 seconds it would completely shut off my system until I switched it on with the button.

Ok, then you may still have an issue with the PSU, that would be at least where I would first check. However, because of this "Loop", im not so sure, it almost sounds like there some thing more to this issue, I would first though check the PSU (I know this may suck, but to knock out the GPU, try using on board graphics or a secondary GPU on a game like one of the ones this occurs on and see if the issue pursists). Its one way to check the other components of your machine.

Ok, then you may still have an issue with the PSU, that would be at least where I would first check. However, because of this "Loop", im not so sure, it almost sounds like there some thing more to this issue, I would first though check the PSU (I know this may suck, but to knock out the GPU, try using on board graphics or a secondary GPU on a game like one of the ones this occurs on and see if the issue pursists). Its one way to check the other components of your machine.

took out the GPU going to play some games to see what happens..

Back