PSU not powering on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some one please help me with this

Hello,

I have a really old PC AT power supply which does not have a hard power on/off switch, It is an old supply with PS1 and PS2 connectors. I want to use this supply as a secondary supply for my system to power up some fans and extra stuff but I don't know where or how to start with. The system with which I want to use this supply is an ATX power supply system.

Whenever I connect this AT supply with 220v power cable it does not power on (The fan does not move). I have also tried connecting dummy loads like two old hard drives but it does not power on. The PSU is not faulty but it is not power on even with load. Tell me what should I do ?

You are tripping down the wrong path, with ideas that do not make sense in computer engineers.
Just get a better power supply with extra cables and splitters. That may help you avoid putting something to ruin. AT power supplies are such ancient technology, going back 18 years, that there is little you can learn from them, or that will help in any realistic way. They came from the day when the voltage zipped up and down for no good reason for sometimes very damaging effects.
When you know enough technology to understand how it all works, then you can mess with it.
Still, if you decide to try it, we would be curious to learn from what you did, and the fun you had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back