PSU Recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmcf

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone could recommend a good quality 450W ish PSU. Don't want to spend too much on one though.

Thanks

In my opinion, there's a lot of "you get what you pay for" in the PC power supply market. Personally, I'm a fairly heavy PC user, and, as such, I tend to go for as high a quality on such things as I can afford. Overall, it makes more sense to buy 1 good PSU and not have to worry about it than to buy 3 or 4 'cheapie" PSU's and have to replace it every 4-6 months.

That being said.. I am a *huge* fan of PSU's from PC Power and Cooling. Quality is second to none, and I've had nary a hiccup these last 8 months with mine, despite running 100% cpu usage for the last 6, lots of heavy AV apps, and several power outages.

For the 450W range, I'd recommend their ultra-quiet "Silencer 470 ATX" model.. it's got a 520W peak, runs very quiet, and their overall quality should ensure that it keeps kicking for a long, long time. It ain't the cheapest.. will set you back a hundred bucks plus shipping, but you don't get any better quality for the cash.

Link for ya:
http://www.pcpowercooling.com/products/viewproduct.php?show=S47ATX

Regards,
Druegan

You cannot go wrong with Antec. 450watt smartpower is nice or 470watt truepower too.

Regards,

Korrupt

PC Power & Cooling is definitely good but for PSUs that won't burn a hole in ur pocket or ur PC, try ones from Antec, Enermax, Thermaltake, Fortron FSP and CoolerMaster. All these brands have high-quality PSUs with very good voltage protection.

I burned out one of those, but I'm not a typical pc user, so I suppose it depends on your needs. I have heard decent things about em though.

howard_hopkinso said:
Why are you guys replying to a thread that`s nearly a year old? :p

Regards Howard :)

Oh damn, I didn't look at the date :giddy: :eek:

I guess I need to look at that when replying to a thread :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back