PSU voltage problem

Hi there!!

I'm from Portugal and I bought a brand new PSU to my HP. It came from the US and defaulted to 115V. My voltage is 230V but I only realised this after turning on the computer. It shutted down immidiatly...

I then changed to 230 V but now the psu doesn't seem to work. (I tried with the old one that wasn't giving enough power and pc turned on but didn't work because of the ealier problem)

Any chance the psu fried? Any chance I could leave it turned off for a while and it resumes function?

I'm sorry to bother you but if you could provide some insight I would greatly appreciate.

Thanks
João

it is a possibility you fried the board due to the low amount of voltage, or there could have been an Accidental ESD discharge due to handling and powering on power supplies frequently.

Personally, i would try a higher voltage power supply, Maybe something around the 300's See if maybe a voltage increase will help the board power on.

Also very importantly, Test the connections and make sure everything is plugged in Fine before turning on The PC, and Make sure you're Grounded as well as the Chassis.

it is a possibility you fried the board due to the low amount of voltage, or there could have been an Accidental ESD discharge due to handling and powering on power supplies frequently.

Personally, i would try a higher voltage power supply, Maybe something around the 300's See if maybe a voltage increase will help the board power on.

Also very importantly, Test the connections and make sure everything is plugged in Fine before turning on The PC, and Make sure you're Grounded as well as the Chassis.

Hi there!!

Thanks for taking te time to reply.

In matter of fact I used the old psu to check if the computer was ok. It all resumed to previous state... It all was like before, so is it possible that I fried the psu?

The connections are all well done... at least the psu fan should start and it doesn't...

Well, you can always purchase a PSU Tester and go from there, but..Since PSU now a days are so cheap you might as well just get a new one, And i suggest you get one with a bit more power incase you ever want to add peripherals.

Ok. Thanks for the support everyone. I'll replace psu!! Waited almost two months for this, fired it in 2 minutes... Niceee this mus be a record!!

What on earth are you talking about? Voltage ISN'T Wattage, and I suggest you learn the difference before you start posting this nonsense.

Back