Puma launches $105 gaming socks that come with three 'modes'

midian182

Staff member
WTF?! Do you feel that your gaming abilities could be improved by using the correct footwear? If so, Puma has a product you might find interesting: a $105 pair of “gaming socks” that have three different modes.

According to Puma’s website, the “Active gaming footwear” is created with console gamers in mind, though PC owners will surely benefit from these magic socks, too. They cost £80 in the UK and $160 in Australia, which works out at around $105 in the US, where they’re not yet available.

Puma says the socks are “designed for indoor and in-arena use.” They offer “seamless comfort, support and grip so gamers can adapt to different active gaming modes and game their best.”

Yes, the socks have “modes,” apparently. These are:

• Medial wrap-up grip in SEEK mode
  • Lateral wrap-up support in ATTACK mode
  • Heel wrap-up stability in CRUISE and DEFENSE mode

The socks do look comfortable, admittedly, and being able to wear them outside is a bonus, though you can buy shoe-like slippers that cost a lot less than $100. Still, some people will purchase anything that has the word “gamer” in the name.

This isn’t Puma’s first foray into gaming products. It also teamed up with Playseat to create an unusual-looking gaming chair that costs $255.

Rival Adidas is also getting into the gaming footwear business. It has teamed up with Tyler “Ninja” Blevins for the $150 Nite Jogger shoes, which go on sale December 31.

Permalink to story.

Only reason I'd buy anything like this would be for comfort but definitely not at that price. Sadly, I own a husky dog so the amount of hair that will get on them will be enough to pretty much force me to throw them in the trash.

have you not paid attention to gamers? they buy everything

I am offended by that comment. Just because us gamers like cooler looking things that doesn't mean we buy EVERYTHING that puts gaming in the name.

I won't buy these because my credit cards are maxed out.

Yep, like old JP Barnum said so well, "there's a sucker born every minute" .....
As I previously outlined in another thread, it is somewhat in dispute that the quote actually was P.T. Barnum's.

However, at its time of creation, (circa 1850), the world's population was only about 1.2 billion. So, the axiom has to be updated to compensate for today's approximately 7 billion human inhabitants.

The math rounds out to about, "there's a sucker born every 10 seconds".

However, that doesn't account for today's vast leaps forward in instantaneous communications, and the advertising industry's current mastery in the application of propaganda technique's.

Given the malleability of mind in the latest strain of Homo sapiens, I'd say we actually pop out a sucker every second or two! (And that's being enormously charitable)

Last edited:
These could be a better performance enhancer than my Gaming hdmi cable and Gaming power strip!

I just tried to read the three modes to my Mrs and couldn't get through it without laughing... :) Really, Try and read that out loud to somebody.

Fool and his money and all that.

....[ ]... Sadly, I own a husky dog so the amount of hair that will get on them will be enough to pretty much force me to throw them in the trash....[ ]....
Sadly, this syntax gives the impression that you would rather own the socks than, (ostensibly), "man's best friend".

These would be a great gift for whoever bought the 'Netflix socks' that turned your show off when you fell asleep.?

...yikes

At the risk of giving away my brilliant plan, I was thinking of a new product called Gamers Life Saver. It'll be a bottle, with gaming related logos all over and will be full of Water, what do you think? Sounds like a winner to me.

The only gaming chair I'm buying is a LayZ Boy. The Puma chair looks like a saddle and looks a bit painful to be honest. Ultimate comfort and a chair to sink in with a beer holder is my dream.

Back