Put in graphics card but only black screen when turned on

Status
Not open for further replies.

nnjc

i have just put in a graphics card (asus EN9800gt 512mb hybrid power) and wen i turn it on all i get is a black screen! what could the problem be?
I have a 500w pc and its a very brand new pc with 64bit windows 7 and intergrated grraphics.

also note that the first time i put it in i forgot to put in the 6pin adaptor and when i turned it on it made a big beeping noise. could this have stuffed up the card? becoz wen i remove it, the pc works fine

help please???

yeah a long loud beep and then i shut it down. it only beeped wen i forgot to put in the 6pin adaptor. i have a 500w psu

Just in case check out your PCI-E slot as well; for dirt or anything and clean it out (while system is off of-course ;)).

Once you have done cleaning place your card back in the slot, reconnection the 6pin connector as well see whether it works.

Also Ritwik's Question about the make/model etc. of your PSU is important; because if it is not of good quality that can be an issue as well.

ok thanks Archean. will give it t try :) =]

my psu is made by "hyena". its 500W ATX12V VER.2.2 Complaint.

says "the best seller in NZ:"

cheers! =]

pcie express slot is clean. tried again and still same problem. arrgh!!

mayb wen i 4got to put in the 6pin the first time, it screwed up the card? is that possible?? :(

Well I have no idea about the quality of Hyena's. However, you can try resetting your system's bios. For this you need unplug the power; and take out the battery, if your board have a reset jumper you may need to pull it out as well, and leave it like that for hour or so. Then re-insert the battery; and put back the jumper in the right position (if applicable as i earlier said). Turn the computer back on; go straight into your bios; and load 'Optimized Default Settings' / or 'Load Default Settings'. Then turn off your computer again, unplug the power, re-insert your 9800GT and power your system on and see what happens.

9800GT I think need about 11A (total required ampage depends on your system specs).

Required PSU for this card: Minimum recommended power supply with +12 Volt current rating of 26 Amp Amps.
Recommended PSU: Minimum recommended power supply with +12 Volt current rating of 28 Amp Amps.

finally got the screen going! and after downloading all the drivers is there a specific way of checking to see if the graphics card is actually working? =]

got a computer whizz in here and he meddled with a few wires and things on the card. he also reset CMOS so that mustv done it! yay! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back