1. TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

Putin-loving rapper posts the most-disliked Russian YouTube video to date

By midian182 · 14 replies
Sep 11, 2019
Post New Reply
  1. The song, titled Moscow, is performed by Russian artists Timati and Guf. It was released on September 7, a day before the elections to the Russian Duma (city parliament), and contains lyrics such as “I don’t go on protests, and I don’t talk ****,” and notes that Moscow is “the city where they don’t hold gay parades.”

The video managed to gain the highest number of dislikes on Russian YouTube—1.48 million—which also made it one of the top 30 most disliked music videos in the world.

The timing of the video and its message has led many people to believe the Russian government paid for its recording, something that Timati and Guf deny. The song was removed from YouTube on September 10, with Timati admitting the lyrics were too much.

"I broke the record," he said. "But I didn't want that at all. I did not aim to offend anyone. I love my city, and now it looks the best it has ever looked in all 36 years of my life, for which I am immensely grateful to those who made it possible. I definitely do not need mess so I am deleting this video to stop this wave of negativity."

Back in 2015, Timati, who has collaborated with the likes of Snoop Dogg, Craig David, and Timbaland, released a song called My Best friend is Vladimir Putin.

Guf claimed on his Instagram account that he wasn’t aware the elections were taking place. "I'm in shock," he said. "I am very sorry. I did not know we had mayoral elections the day before yesterday. I was told we needed to congratulate the city on its day. I did not get a single penny out if it, I swear to you. They tricked me, they framed me.”

In other news related to Russia’s recent regional elections, Roskomnadzor, the country’s communications regulator, has accused Google and Facebook of interfering in the process by running political ads on their respective platforms.

Permalink to story.

2. Uncle Al

Uncle Al TS Evangelist Posts: 5,710   +4,047

"In other news related to Russia’s recent regional elections, Roskomnadzor, the country’s communications regulator, has accused Google and Facebook of interfering in the process by running political ads on their respective platforms."

As they say in the movies .... Payback's a Bit**!

bviktor likes this.
  3. bviktor

bviktor TS Rookie

What a tool.

4. kevbev89

kevbev89 TS Maniac Posts: 204   +176

"I did not aim to offend anyone."

~Russian Rapper 2019

5. XtremeHammond

XtremeHammond TS Booster Posts: 101   +67

Modern Russian subservience in a nutshell. Disgusting!

6. theruck

theruck TS Booster Posts: 158   +46

In what universe is this a tech culture related news?

7. Panda218

Panda218 TS Evangelist Posts: 623   +341

It involves Youtube, so it relates to tech, unfortunately.

8. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 3,818   +1,182

Not only that, but it broke the record as most hated video, kind of like the EA Reddit incident.

9. scavengerspc

scavengerspc TS Enthusiast Posts: 40   +30

Should have released in America in a pointed fashion to the red state south. It would have been drooled over, even if they didn't understand it.

Panda218 likes this.
  10. Nobodysfool

Nobodysfool TS Enthusiast Posts: 31   +28

It's sad that something so vilified on the Internet is worthy of news coverage in today's culture. We really are living in a world of shame and humiliation.

11. Nobina

Nobina TS Evangelist Posts: 2,045   +1,562

Well, if they see it's gonna generate some interest, and it did because we're commenting on it, they'll put it out regardless of whether it's tech related or not. Meanwhile, other articles like Sony released some **** nobody is gonna remember 5 seconds from now isn't that appealing.

12. Impudicus

Impudicus TS Addict Posts: 159   +119

In Russia you can't hate Russia, you can't love Russia.

13. mbrowne5061

mbrowne5061 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,258   +701

"I love my city... I didn't know the elections were today". Something about these statements doesn't add up.

14. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 3,818   +1,182

In Mother Russia you don't hate Russia, Mother Russia hates you.

Learn your memes...

Odium likes this.
  15. Odium

Odium TS Enthusiast Posts: 54   +23

This shows how much Russians "love" their government

Add your comment to this article

You need to be a member to leave a comment. Join thousands of tech enthusiasts and participate.
TechSpot Account You may also...