Q: What is the 'reaction score'?

D

DelJo63

Under forums, hover over avatar icons in far right under active members and there are three scores ... two are obvious, third is not.

I believe it is the number of times a member's posts have been reacted to by hitting the "Like" button as well as replying to them using the "Reply" button.

as well as replying to them using the "Reply" button.
That may eventually be the case but not currently. I've been monitoring the like count since before the last forum upgrade. The like count name changed to reaction score in the last upgrade.

You can compare the reaction number with the liked post, when hovering over your name at the top right. That is one of the few locations that have not been changed to the new name.

Edit: After second thought. I'm thinking the reaction score is the same as the like count. Because we do not currently support a down vote system. Have to ask admin to find out.

Last edited:
That's correct. Reaction score = Like count (at the moment).

With Xenforo 1 we only had Likes.

Since we upgraded to Xenforo 2.x we have gained access to add other "reactions" but for now we've kept it to likes only

Highly recommend some 'politically correct' down vote -- I'm sure a great many of the "silent majority" would voice their opinions with that addition :)

Highly recommend some 'politically correct' down vote -- I'm sure a great many of the "silent majority" would voice their opinions with that addition :)
I wonder how long it would it would take for my "politically correct down count", to equal my like count? :laughing: :rolleyes:

Further along, I wonder how much I would care. "Accomplishment", doesn't necessarily have a have a positive connotation. :p

In fact, I could probably get a few hundred "downs", on the strength of my screen name alone. I"d probably just sum the scores and opine, "oh well, at least I got a rise out of you"

But, in case you haven't noticed, the "silent majority", is not as extant as you seem to believe. However, "itinerant trolls" we have in abundance.

If you must, add the thumbs down to the mix. I would have a blast giving a thumbs down to every post in these endless, AMD versus Intel threads / hostilities.

Last edited:
Back