Qualifications?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so this is a hardware question. I'm contemplating downloading this new game, Frontlines: Fuel of War, but not sure if my new laptop meets the min. requirements or not. Here's the game requirements:

Frontlines: Fuel of War Download Minimum System Requirements

* CPU: Intel Pentium 2.8HT or AMD Athlon 2800+
* RAM: 768MB/1GB for Vista
* Video: nVidia 6800GT (SM3) or ATI X800XT (SM2) w/ Latest applicable video drivers
* HDD Space: 8GB
* Internet: Broadband connection w/ min upload 768K (for hosting games, not playing)
* Sound: AC ’97 or equivalent DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
* Addtl: The latest version of DirectX 9.0

Frontlines: Fuel of War Download Recommended System Requirements

* CPU: Intel Core2 E6400 (2.13GHz) or AMD X2 5000+
* RAM: 1.5GB
* Video: nVidia 8600GTX or ATI X2600 w/ Latest applicable video drivers
* HDD Space: 8GB
* Internet: Broadband connection w/ min upload 768K (for hosting games, not playing)
* Sound: Creative Labs X-Fi sound card
* Addtl: The latest version of DirectX 9.0

My system is this:

Compaq Presario F700
CPU: AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile FL-58 1.9GHz (If anyone says right off the bat that "duh" it's 1.9 GHz, well it's a dual-core processor smarties! :p)
RAM: 2GB
Video Card: nVidia GeForce 7000m/nForce 610m
HDD: 80 GB available space (160 GB total)
Internet: DSL (3mbps, but if it ends up being too slow, I can just play single player until I get a BB connection. I just want to know if I can even run the game!)
Sound Card: Conexant HD SmartAudio 221
DirectX 10 or whatever is the latest.

Well, what do you guys think? I've had a hard time looking up the specs of my laptop, although granted, it is 3:41 am and I am desperate for sleep. Anyways, professional advice is sought, as I would love to delve into this game. Thanks in advance!!

Justin

Tmagic650 said:
The only way to know for sure is to try the game...

Hmm, well the only problem with that is it COSTS MONEY. $50 to be exact, and if my laptop is unable to play the game, I'm not able to refund it. Then I have a game that just sits there and I have no use for it. I.E. the entire reason I asked for a professional opinion, is so that I don't end up wasting money on a game I might not even be able to run on my system. :) But thanks for your reply. Can anyone help me out?

WOW!! Thanks so much! This is exactly what I needed!
(Side note: Sadly, I'm unable to run the game I was hoping to buy. My video card ram is too low at 64, when I needed 128. Oh well.)

Lol, oh well. When I get back to my desktop, I'll just have to upgrade it. Thanks a lot for the helpful replies, especially fullmetalvegan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back