Question about reselling hardware

slamscaper

Hey guys. I'd just like to point out that I've been building and configuring computers for a long time now. Built my first system in 2005 and never looked back. Around the beginning of 2012 I was invited to Newegg's EggXpert review team, which means they send me products to review every month or two and I post an extended review right on their website. I don't get paid for it, but I do get to keep the products they send me. This is a good deal, considering that sometimes they may send me a $400 printer or $500 SSD (you just never know what it could be as many vendors are part of the program, including Corsair for one).

Anyway, this means I end up selling quite a bit of hardware. Typically I use Craigslist to sell locally. I usually just set the price very low and hope someone will drive to my residence and pick up the item, because I absolutely refuse to meet anyone for safety reasons. I don't use ebay, but I'm looking into possibly using Amazon in the near future. Craigslist just gets worse every year. Since there is very little moderation on the site, you have to weed out all the shady characters that are either trying to set you up or low-ball you in hopes that you're real desperate.

Right now I'm trying to get rid of a reference EVGA GTX 670 2GB. I have it priced down to $120 USD and I'm still having a hard time finding a buyer. I think this is a heck of a deal myself. Just wondering what you guys think. Would you buy the card at that price? I have found that the GTX 670 is a little faster than the 960 overall (especially at higher resolutions) and the 960 sells for $200-$240 USD new, depending on where you buy it.

Also, which method do you use to sell your used hardware? I'm looking for good suggestions besides ebay. I don't like the auction template. I know they have the "Buy it Now" feature, but I'm still not a fan of ebay in general. I like Amazon because it doesn't force me to have a Paypal account, has fixed pricing, and low fees.

Last edited:
My sentiments exactly Clifford. I know the problem has to do with Craigslist more than it does my prices. That site attracts to shadiest people I swear. Definitely need to start using Amazon as it will improve my clientele significantly and the hardware will end up going to the people who really need it as well.

Back