Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

larryiam

i have a question. i use Convert X to Dvd 3.0.0.7 i have a single core amd anthlon xp 3200+ 2.2GHz. i do a lot of encoding with that software. and my computer usually stays at or around 100% cpu usage when using the software. do u think i need an upgrade or can my system take it? here are the temp my computer runs normally. any suggestions would be appreciated!

Things look great to me. If it wasn't using 100% of your CPU you might as well be using a slower CPU and 100% of it. My point is, encoding takes a ton of processing power, so upgrading your processor would certainly speed it up some, but it would still use 100%. Take pride in you are actually making your system work, so many times people get a fast Core2Duo system and then don't do anything on it that a slow P4 couldn't handle well.

Your encoding would be sped up quite a bit with any modern processor, but I'm sure you knew that. If you are satisfied with the encode times I would just stick with what you have. Those temperatures are fine for that processor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back