Questions regarding SSD before I build tomorrow

Schmutz

For reference I am building the following:

i7 2600K
Thermalright Silver Arrow CPU Cooler
Kingston HyperX Blu 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 RAM (4x4GB dual channel)
ASRock Z68 Extreme 4
Crucial M4 128GB SSD
Coolermaster Silent pro Gold 1000W PSU
Asus Xonar DX soundcard
Gigabyte GTX 560ti (X2 SLI)
Coolermaster CM690 II Advanced Case
2x 1TB HDD
1x 2TB HDD
1x 500GB HDD
SATA DVD Drive

I have some questions mostly regarding the SSD because I do not wish to install OS/software etc only to find I've messed something up in the BIOS and need to re-format. I am going to improvise my way through the various SSD optimization guides out there but I am not 100% confident about the details especially since a lot of them relate to older SSD drive technology I am not sure if some of the process is now "automated" on the newer SSD's like the Crucial M4. Please, flag anything that stands out!

My action plan:

1) Install SSD drive into one of the two Intel 6GBPS sata III controllers on my motherboard

2) go into BIOS and find "SATA Controller"/make sure it is set to AHCI Mode

3) FIRMWARE UPDATES.... are they necessary? and is it possible to do via USB?

4) Install Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (no turning back now, hopefully)

5) Install my four SATA hard drives into the 3GBPS Sata II ports

6) Verify "TRIM" is enabled

7) Verify scheduled disk defragmentation is disabled

8) SYSTEM RESTORE... I do not wish to disable this. Is it possible to keep my restore points on another HDD?

9) Disable drive indexing

10) PAGE FILE... in some instances my video editing software Adobe After Effects will try to eat up all 16GB of RAM and then some. For this reason I don't think that disabling the page file will do me many favours. I would like to minimize it's size though or if possible use another hard drive for it

11) Disable hibernation

That's it. Is there anything else I should consider?

Back