Quick Question about Monitor Chipset

Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided to reboot my computer after being infected with a lot of viruses. In addition to learning about the value of backing up my data, docs., pictures, etc. the hard way, I have had some trouble setting things up again.

I've actually got to the point where I'm down to one last task. I have a Acer 22" LCD Monitor, which since I have rebuilt and recovered, is not displaying at its true resolution, but rather, like a monitor for Windows 95.

It came with a CD which I ran, but that is doing anything. I also tried going to Acer's site and downloading a driver for this model. Oddly, the site says that the driver associated with my model (Acer Model No. AL2223W) is for Vista, whereas on this computer I run XP.

I have read about downloading a "chipset" to restore my monitor to where it used to be.

Any guidance on how to get it back to where it was? When I installed it out of the box, it worked fine.

Thanks!

Thanks for your help. I tried that site, and it led me to the same driver as I previously installed. It only offers 1 driver for my model, and has the OS as Vista. It downloads as a compressed file, and when I unzip, it yields one .cab file and two separate .icm files.

I went to Dell's site and installed some drivers, and I think it is fixed now. Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back