Quick question about RGB

yRaz

So I'm parting out a new PC(when parts become available) and I just found out about RGB and ARGB. If I have a mix of ARGB and RGB components connected to my motherboard will they all sync up in the RGB software? I really like the Color Cycle setting on my graphics card and would like every component in my next build use it. The motherboard I selected is an Asus X570 with 1 ARGB header and 2 "AURA RGB" headers which is, from what I understand, just marketing for normal RGB.

I think the color cycling where every color is showing at once is ugly and instead would like to cycle through all the colors but all components are sync'd.

Last edited:
Syncing up your RGB devices is something you have to plan ahead. Most of the software for controlling these features don't play well across different brands which can be really frustrating. There are some projects people have been working on for a long time now to bring all of these together such as https://rgbsync.com/ . My most recent build I actually coordinated the parts I was buying to make sure I am able to theme it the way I want.

I personally use my RGB to report temperatures. As temperatures go up the colors go from blue to violet to red.

Syncing up your RGB devices is something you have to plan ahead. Most of the software for controlling these features don't play well across different brands which can be really frustrating. There are some projects people have been working on for a long time now to bring all of these together such as https://rgbsync.com/ . My most recent build I actually coordinated the parts I was buying to make sure I am able to theme it the way I want.

I personally use my RGB to report temperatures. As temperatures go up the colors go from blue to violet to red.
I noticed that everyone has different RGB stuff. If I go Nvidia I was going to do an all asus build and if I go AMD I was going to do an all MSI build. It was the CPU coolers that really threw me off because they're all aRGB. I was going to get a triple fan radiator because why not and the aRGB stuff started making me think.

Back