R7 260X Display cutting out

Hayden Britt

I purchased an r7 260x that was broken to fix it. Luckily, I did fix it, but I have this strange issue where my display will keep cutting out. Rebooting with a different card will fix the issue, but when I put the card back, it will work for a while, but stop working. I've tried different displays, motherboards, power supplies, and did a clean install of the drivers. It is currently in a Dell Precision t1650 with a core i7-3770 and an EVGA 600w power supply.

Sorry but if you received as is broken, you should expect problems right from the get go. =/
Depending on where you bought it from and if the seller has any current knowledge of what may have happen to it.
I suggest asking them that and see what issues and remedys they tried before giving up and selling it online.
Check the gpu golden pins, make sure it has no odd scratches or one of them is starting to wear out.
If it is that would began to explain why that 260x is failing to stay on and active in any mobo.

Upon further inspection, I did see that some pins were a bit dark. I'll try cleaning them with alcohol and maybe buffering them. Thanks for the suggestion :)

Sweet I'm glad it works out, but if it starts doing the samethings all over again.
Save yourself the grief of fixing it, save up some money and go for the rx 500 series.

Thanks and ill also see what happens with Navi as well. I hope AMD learned after the Vega launch to better price their new cards and keep up with demand.

Back