Radeon 9200 work with a 300W PSU?

depends on how many megs it has!! How big is the card? 300 watt isn't that much i had one and never got the full potential out of my hardware!! And this 300 watt was pushing a 1.9 ghz cpu 512 meg video card 2 gigs of ram and that is including two hard drives!!

I found 500 watt to be efficient enough!! You will notice a lack in FPS because your not getting the right amount of wattage to all your hardware!!

i would go for the 500 watt it will give you enough power!! the 300 watt really isn't enough power!! your specs are really close to what i use to have except your hard drive were alot bigger than what i had!! 300 watt will work but you will notice games to drop in fps.

i would go for the 500 watt it will give you enough power!! the 300 watt really isn't enough power!! your specs are really close to what i use to have except your hard drive were alot bigger than what i had!! 300 watt will work but you will notice games to drop in fps.
I disagree with all his/her posts on this thread.

If you disagree then please share your opinion!!

I just don't see how a 300 PSU can be enough power!! I had similar comuter to his and 300 was not enough!! I saw major fps change in cs 1.6 when i switched to 500 watt and that game does not take much to power it!! Im going off of personal experience too.

It all depends on what your using the computer for!!

Don't you think it would be just easier to post helpful opinion instead of saying you disagree with everything!! There isn't really a right or wrong answer to the person question since any power supply would really work. As i said im going off of my own experience since i had very similar computer to his!!

If you disagree then please share your opinion!!

I just don't see how a 300 PSU can be enough power!! I had similar comuter to his and 300 was not enough!! I saw major fps change in cs 1.6 when i switched to 500 watt and that game does not take much to power it!! Im going off of personal experience too.

It all depends on what your using the computer for!!

Don't you think it would be just easier to post helpful opinion instead of saying you disagree with everything!! There isn't really a right or wrong answer to the person question since any power supply would really work. As i said im going off of my own experience since i had very similar computer to his!!

thanks all

I just think the person above sounds like they know what they're talking about more. You said that it depends on how much memory the card has, which is not true, that's why I doubt your opinion.
Also, I'm going to mention that I don't know the answer to the question; thread starter, for an actual answer, you need to take a look and see how many amps are on your power supply.
I'm betting the person above just assumed that you're on your stock power supply, which is probably true.

I just think the person above sounds like they know what they're talking about more. You said that it depends on how much memory the card has, which is not true, that's why I doubt your opinion.
Also, I'm going to mention that I don't know the answer to the question; thread starter, for an actual answer, you need to take a look and see how many amps are on your power supply.
I'm betting the person above just assumed that you're on your stock power supply, which is probably true.

I should do?

I have to buy a new power supply?

For cards of this era a general rule of thumb is whether or not you need to provide additional power, typically through a molex connector adapter. If you don't need the added power connection in most cases you'll be fine with the 300 watt power supply. If the card requires an external power connector you'll likely need to consider upgading to a 400 watt power supply. I'm with Win7Dev and believe you'll be just fine.

I like to play games on my computer and i found 300 watts to not be enough power is all im saying if those are your intentions for your comp!! 300 watt will power your computer!! Stick with it the 300 watt if your using it for work and web browsing related!! Win7dev is correct but it just depends on what your using it for!

Jeremy1982, I didn't make it clear before, but it's not the wattage that's important, it's the 12v rail amperage in this case. I'm sure it would not be hard to find a low quality 500w power supply that is weaker than my 380w. The point is that comparing wattages is a moot point really.

Back