Ram compatible question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking to put more RAM into my laptop; I wasn't sure if this should be posted here or in another place.. my apologies if I've put it in the wrong place.

I have a Gateway Laptop, model ML6720. I currently have two sticks of RAM, 512MB each, the info for them is: 512MB 2rX16 PC2-5300

I found a 1GB stick I'd like to replace the 512's with, the info is: Crucial 1GB 200-pin DDR2 SO-DIMM 667 (PC2 5300) (laptop RAM).

Before I make the purchase, I was wondering if anyone could tell me if the Crucial stick would work well with my machine? I've never replaced the RAM on my laptop before, so I'm nervous about it.

I went onto the Gateway website and tried to match the info with the new RAM as best I could; I think I got it right. I'm just looking for a little more input.

Many thanks in advance :)

It will work but it is recommended to have two identical ram modules... Make sure you can return it if it causes problems.

Check the info here..

Thanks

I had originally intended to get two sticks of this RAM; I figured may as well get two and save myself the trouble later. Thanks so much for the link and the input, it helped out quite a bit :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back